2 unfair bannings

2 unfair bannings

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by SmittyTime
Has anyone ever been banned for soemthing other than engine use? In my short time here I am only aware of bannings for this reason.
well, I was banned once for engine miss-use.

I was doing 120mph in a 60 zone! Does that count?

B

Moves
08 Jan 11

Getting banned for engine use when you're not using an engine would be the ultimate compliment of your chess game.

I'd love it if I got banned for engine use. It would mean I must be getting really friggin good.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by SmittyTime
That answer is responsive to my querry.

I would be most obliged if you would elaborate and let us know what other ways exist to get banned from this place.
You can also get banned for having multiple accounts and for blatant abuse of other players.

c

Romania

Moves
08 Jan 11

Unfair banning? Can you please post some games of those players? I've heard Yelena Dembo crying as loud as she could "I was wrongly accused of cheating" and when I saw her games on chess.com they matched Rybka almost move-by-move. By coincidence, of course.

S

Moves
08 Jan 11

Cotoi brings the banhammer.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by Krb3710
I have recently rejoined this site after a long period of absence due to work commitments, and to my surprise when i checked the player tables 2 good friends of mine appear to have been banned. If anyone knows why the players Fantal and Alzheimer were banned please let me know.
The reason I call these bannings unfair is that I know both of these players in ...[text shortened]... the other was my old chess teacher who was a strong correspondence and OTB player for many years
So why did you rejoin a site where two highly rated friends of yours were banned from, in your opinion infairly?

Why not leave again?

Australia

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by adramforall
So why did you rejoin a site where two highly rated friends of yours were banned from, in your opinion infairly?

Why not leave again?
Seems a bit of a strong reaction to the OP's statements.

K

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by adramforall

Why not leave again?
i was only aware of these bannings when i rejoined, i will probably leave again to be honest

a
Frustrate the Bad

Liverpool

Moves
08 Jan 11

You offered to publish the ECF details of your mates to support your claims. Are you still willing to do that? If you don't want to post to the full forum, you can post to me privately and 'in confidence' if you prefer

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by atticus2
If you don't want to post to the full forum, you can post to me privately and 'in confidence' if you prefer
personal info shouldn't be posted on public rhp forums... might even score a ban.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by Krb3710
i was only aware of these bannings when i rejoined, i will probably leave again to be honest
yeah. it's so annoying to join a chess site only to discover they actually boot some of the most blatant engine users.

well, fortunately there are plenty of sites that don't mind engine abuse at all.

c

Romania

Moves
08 Jan 11

Originally posted by Bostonsux81
Getting banned for engine use when you're not using an engine would be the ultimate compliment of your chess game.

I'd love it if I got banned for engine use. It would mean I must be getting really friggin good.
EXACTLY! If you are banned for engine use and you didn't use engine assistance, then it is a clear message that you should start playing chess seriously. You should get easily into the 2700+ league and you would make serious money.

Badmaster

freeshell.de/~dunne

Moves
09 Jan 11

Originally posted by wormwood
personal info shouldn't be posted on public rhp forums... might even score a ban.
ECF records are public, just like those of FIDE. I suppose linking real-life names to rhp handles is a bit less clear though.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
09 Jan 11

Originally posted by pdunne
ECF records are public, just like those of FIDE. I suppose linking real-life names to rhp handles is a bit less clear though.
try it. maybe that'll clear it up for you.

(don't. you'll obviously get banned.)

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Jan 11

To be a personal friend of two people who were both unfairly banned for cheating at the same website is very poor luck indeed; I would stay away the lottery for a while.