1. e4
    Moves
    08 May '20 14:07

We look at the 4...e5 variation in the Sicilian and if here...

...the move 6.Bg5 is a sound option.

A good wrap up by Kapengut giving us four RHP identical mating patterns.

In all four corners of the board.

A puzzle using only the White pieces. (no pawns) Attack every square on the board.

A White to play and win study from Rossolimo.

Which goes onto a few RHP games using the same theme.
    (Which, by way of a clue, is a King move discovering a check)

A wonderful piece of fantasy analysis from a 1989 BCM.

Then back onto the 4...e5 variation because I could not close it at the beginning.

Blog Post 449
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 May '20 16:31
    Hi GP, thanks for the blog, with the lock down I find myself checking for your latest one more frequently.

Regarding the Alekhine-Chattard analysis from the British Chess Magazine, according to my database, which is incomplete for games before around 2004, the position after black's twelfth move has been reached 6 times and in every case white played 13. 0-0-0, scoring 83.3% for white. Which is a bit of a shame really. The position after white's thirteenth move's been reached 15 times. Here's one of them where Colin Crouch was white, from 1991, so he clearly hadn't been reading his British Chess Magazines:
  3. e4
    Moves
    09 May '20 23:17
    Hi DeepThought,

Thanks, BCM does enclosed the word 'forced' so it will not be forced. There will
    be other Black defensive tries but I'm not surprised of the White plus score.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree