Who has benefited from the coronavirus?

Who has benefited from the coronavirus?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Apr 20

Supermarkets making a killing on alcohol with pubs being closed and people generally panic buying.

Netflix has seen a surge in new subscriptions. Would add Disney to that list with Disney+ and they probably are making more than they're losing regardless of the fact that all the theme parks are closed since they've stopped paying their already low paid staff. #heartless scumbags

Zoom, had never heard of it and now everyone is talking about it, not sure how they actually make any money from it but I'm sure someone will explain how.

Anything else?

SRB

Moves
23 Apr 20

@trev33 said
Supermarkets making a killing on alcohol with pubs being closed and people generally panic buying.

Netflix has seen a surge in new subscriptions. Would add Disney to that list with Disney+ and they probably are making more than they're losing regardless of the fact that all the theme parks are closed since they've stopped paying their already low paid staff. #heartless scum ...[text shortened]... e how they actually make any money from it but I'm sure someone will explain how.

Anything else?
The frequency I buy books from Amazon has gone up.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
23 Apr 20

jeff bezos

Read a book!

Moves
23 Apr 20

@trev33 said
Anything else?
Earth's environment is noticeably cleaner.

There has been a dramatic drop in pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in many countries.

Über-Nerd

Moves
23 Apr 20
1 edit

@Trev33

Trump's buddies (the 2-trillion are not traceable).

EDIT:

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
23 Apr 20

@petewxyz said
The frequency I buy books from Amazon has gone up.
Amused by this as t.v. advert's here tell us how Amazon are keeping everything sanitized & how there working!

How the global markets shift.... eh?!

Moves
23 Apr 20

@Trev33

Jeff Bezos; Bill Gates; Donald Trump and his buddies; Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin (but I repeat myself, see the previous point); Israel and Saudia Arabia; Walmart.

In other words, just the usual suspects. Nothing special, don't worry, just prepare the wall for when the revolution comes.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
23 Apr 20
1 edit

@shallow-blue said
@Trev33

Jeff Bezos; Bill Gates; Donald Trump and his buddies; Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin (but I repeat myself, see the previous point); Israel and Saudia Arabia; Walmart.

In other words, just the usual suspects. Nothing special, don't worry, just prepare the wall for when the revolution comes.
Napoleon said every nation is three meal's away from that = Sit back & watch it hit the fan. Sorry it's done that already...

E

Moves
23 Apr 20

Who benefits? The ruling class, nothing like an excuse to expand power.

k

Moves
23 Apr 20

@eladar said
Who benefits? The ruling class, nothing like an excuse to expand power.
to the tune of 290 BILLION $$$

Moves
23 Apr 20

Zoom

IP

Moves
23 Apr 20

@handyandy said

There has been a dramatic drop in pollution and greenhouse gas emissions in many countries.
This is true, and where I live, in a Marine National Park, the coral and things that live therein are having a welcome break from idiot SCUBA divers who don't know how to dive and trash everything, their presence will not be missed. And don't get me going on divers that get huge underwater cameras for Christmas...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Apr 20

Rumour has it Ghost is planning on writing a book about it, which should make him a ton of money!

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
24 Apr 20
1 edit

@handyandy said

Isn’t it just! Great to see the increase in the flying insect population too judging from the number of splats on my windscreen yesterday. Had to take the car for a quick blast on the motorway yesterday as it’s only been driven 4 miles a week for the past month.

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Apr 20

Small shops with products that people need and to which customers have easy access benefit when supermarkets and malls suffer.