What were you doing during the US national anthem?

What were you doing during the US national anthem?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
25 Sep 17

As you many have heard, there were protests during the playing of the US anthem at various sporting events around the US as many chose not to stand. So what were you doing during the playing of the national anthem?

Was it anything like this?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Sep 17

the US national anthem is a difficult song to sing whether it be hitting the high notes or just messing up the words

I usually turn the volume down and go for a snack

am I being unpatriotic?

mlb62

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @whodey
As you many have heard, there were protests during the playing of the US anthem at various sporting events around the US as many chose not to stand. So what were you doing during the playing of the national anthem?

Was it anything like this?

[youtubenextel]axsqWbxZJGc[/youtube]
isn't fun to adore some grossly overpaid "star" athletes ? Let's all look up to them and agree with their varied political viewpoints...

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
25 Sep 17

There is enough good here in the US (actually or hoped for ideals) to stand for the anthem. Use the time to ponder how to make our country better no matter what your political leaning.

I think if my teammate chose to kneel, I would <stand> next to him with my hand on his shoulder. My decision to stand, but respecting his decision to kneel in protest.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
25 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ogb
...isn't fun to adore some grossly overpaid "star" athletes ?...
That is a problem worldwide which, unfortunately, is not going away as long as billions of dollars, pounds, Euros, name your currency are poured into sports.

But it also may be the start of a debate. Google 'Tommy Smith 1968 Olympics'.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @ogb
isn't fun to adore some grossly overpaid "star" athletes ? Let's all look up to them and agree with their varied political viewpoints...
How do you ascertain that they are "overpaid"?

And, if they are, what motivates those that over pay them to do so?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @lemondrop
the US national anthem is a difficult song to sing whether it be hitting the high notes or just messing up the words

I usually turn the volume down and go for a snack

am I being unpatriotic?
Maiden Gertrude,

Are you even a U.S. citizen?

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @very-rusty
Maiden Gertrude,

Are you even a U.S. citizen?

-VR
yes I am
but as long as Trump is president I will fly the flag of Djibouti

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Sep 17

yes I am
but as long as Trump is president I will fly the flag of Djibouti
Maiden Gertrude,

I guess as an American citizen you have the that right. Many died to give you that right!

Who is the President shouldn't matter, even if he is a loose cannon.

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @very-rusty
Maiden Gertrude,

I guess as an American citizen you have the that right. Many died to give you that right!

Who is the President shouldn't matter, even if he is a loose cannon.

-VR
you should not have to guess about my rights
you should know
unless you are just another ignorant right wing goosestepper

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Sep 17

you should not have to guess about my rights
you should know
unless you are just another ignorant right wing goosestepper
Maiden Gertrude,

Stop being so childish calling names that makes you look ignorant actually!

As an American you should be flying the U.S. flag and you know it, or at least you should know it.

As a Canadian I fly the Canadian Flag. It would not matter who my Prime Minister was!!!

-VR

F

Moves
26 Sep 17

According to Alex Jones' podcast for Monday 25th September, the players going down on one knee signalled their support for ~ among other things ~ female genital mutilation, North Korea, and systematic child rape by the Democrats and "globalists" funded by George Soros.

Moves
26 Sep 17
1 edit

Why is the national anthem played at a club game anyway? It's not the USA playing, it's Hicksville vs Crappytown. You Americans get upset about all the wrong shlt at the wrong times.

IP

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Why is the national anthem played at a club game anyway? It's not the USA playing, it's Hicksville vs Crappytown. You Americans get upset about all the wrong shlt at the wrong times.
This made me laugh, in a very reserved English way. We English understate our patriotism as we understate about everything else, and we really can't see what all the fuss is about, can we old chap?

Moves
26 Sep 17

Originally posted by @indonesia-phil
This made me laugh, in a very reserved English way. We English understate our patriotism as we understate about everything else, and we really can't see what all the fuss is about, can we old chap?
You're still upset about brexit aren't you.