What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Yes it is available and I have ordered it.
So what would you recommend me/us to read? 🙂

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Torunn
So what would you recommend me/us to read? 🙂
Well let's see now...how about a good book. 😉 I have not been reading as much as I had been and found myself falling back into a couple of favourite authors (comfort zone). Just finished a Clive Cussler one, The Striker. It was predictable. Before that it was a James Patterson, Second Honeymoon. I look forward to a new, for me, author.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17

Well let's see now...how about a good book. 😉 I have not been reading as much as I had been and found myself falling back into a couple of favourite authors (comfort zone). Just finished a Clive Cussler one, The Striker. It was predictable. Before that it was a James Patterson, Second Honeymoon. I look forward to a new, for me, author.
"My family and other animals" is one of the books you have suggested - I enjoyed it very much.

Read a book!

Moves
17 Mar 17

If you enjoy crime fiction, try Peter Robinson or Val McDermid.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
I have read Val McDermid (The Mermaids Singing), she is very good. Will try Peter Robinson, thank you!

Read a book!

Moves
17 Mar 17

I have read Val McDermid and she is very good. Will try Peter Robinson, thank you!
In a Dry Season is one of his better offerings.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17

In a Dry Season is one of his better offerings.
Thank you, a new writer to me.

Moves
18 Mar 17

https://s1.postimg.org/v396mbalr/DSCI0704.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/46p7dzrsf/DSCI0701.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/7rl2x7wbz/DSCI0702.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/rau9kbkhb/DSCI0703.jpg

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
New sci fi author, did a lot of fantasy: Adrian Tchaikovsky, 'Children of Time' set thousands of years from now post high high tech empire ended by warfare and few humans left. Gripping story.
Sounds interesting, sci-fi is my thing. I'll try to find it.

Moves
19 Mar 17

Thanks for the tip, I will try them.

Gothenburg

Moves
19 Mar 17
1 edit

'Magic' (Illusionisten), William Goldman (-76)

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 Mar 17

King's Dargon by Kate Elliott

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
31 Mar 17

Rereading

Andreas Eschbach: Das Jesus-Video

A time-travel Thriller. The biggest success of the author so far (first Edition 1998). It was also adpated for german tv.

Gothenburg

Moves
31 Mar 17

Originally posted by Ponderable
Rereading

Andreas Eschbach: Das Jesus-Video

A time-travel Thriller. The biggest success of the author so far (first Edition 1998). It was also adpated for german tv.
Having finished a book by my favourite Swedish novelist and criminologist Leif GW Persson, I just found on my bookshelf a copy of Peter Robinson's 'In a Dry Season' (En ovanligt torr sommar). Why this book has escaped my attention is a mystery.

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Apr 17

Having finished a book by my favourite Swedish novelist and criminologist Leif GW Persson, I just found on my bookshelf a copy of Peter Robinson's 'In a Dry Season' (En ovanligt torr sommar). Why this book has escaped my attention is a mystery.
It's a good book - Peter Robinson's 'In a Dry Season' - and it's a good story and it is easy to follow despite its different time references. I will try one of his other novels.