What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Mar 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
What is with the hatred aimed at JW's? I see all kinds of slanderous threads as if other Christian denomanations are guilt free of all the crap I see aimed at JW's. Me, I don't like ANY religion but that is just me. What is with your particular hatred of JW's?

I thought for some silly reason you worshipped the same god.
It seems that the spirituality forum is not big enough to contain his bigotry and you see his hatred spilling over into other forums too, he being unable to contain it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
It seems that the spirituality forum is not big enough to contain his bigotry and you see his hatred spilling over into other forums too, he being unable to contain it.
I guess he doesn't feel like justifying his hatred. He should be directing his hatred to REALLY evil religions like Scientology.

They are nothing more than religious thugs, religous mafia.

rc

Moves
13 Mar 17

I guess he doesn't feel like justifying his hatred. He should be directing his hatred to REALLY evil religions like Scientology.

They are nothing more than religious thugs, religous mafia.
Who can say what motivates him.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Who can say what motivates him.
Besides, I don't like people dissing good guitaristsπŸ™‚

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 17
1 edit

"The Corporation"
Precise , to the point and totally damning of the U.S. in particular.
The corporations are one step ahead of you. You will be assimilated πŸ˜΅πŸ˜²πŸ™„πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
"The Corporation"
Precise , to the point and totally damning of the U.S. in particular.
The corporations are one step ahead of you. You will be assimilated πŸ˜΅πŸ˜²πŸ™„πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄
Led by Trumpf no doubt.....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 17

Led by Trumpf no doubt.....
It was written in 2004.
So I don't know whats happening now, but Trumpf would be a strong puppet in this grand game.
It gives a clear and succinct history of how corporate laws came to be, the cases that led to rewriting these laws.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
15 Mar 17

Graeme Simsion: The Rosie project

A sequel and not as well as the first book (up to now 350/550)

Moves
17 Mar 17

I purchased several chess books again.
"Endgame: Bobby Fischer's Remarkable Rise And Fall" by Frank Brady.
This book contains some photos I hadn't seen before, for example young Bobby in the bath tub and with chess board over the tub, and you can see big foot on his head through plastic curtain. It was his mother's foot and she was "telling" him to finally get up from the tub.

But the content of the book is disappointing. Another sensationalistic work.
Brady left many gaps in Fischer's life, for example his tour in Yugoslavia 1967-68, then Fischer's visit to Belgrade in 1978 and never-to-be-organized match with Gligoric, etc.

Some details are idiotic: "Fischer wore orange juice squezeer and a sack full of oranges with him into restaurants and asked for empty glass and he made his own juice in public..." "He believed .Russians wanted to poison him, so he always wore antidots in his pocket whilst dining in restaurants.

Encounter with Zita Rayscani was described more plausible, but it still looks like from a spy novel.

Sad book.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by vandervelde
I purchased several chess books again.
"Endgame: Bobby Fischer's Remarkable Rise And Fall" by Frank Brady.
This book contains some photos I hadn't seen before, for example young Bobby in the bath tub and with chess board over the tub, and you can see big foot on his head through plastic curtain. It was his mother's foot and she was "telling" him to f ...[text shortened]... Rayscani was described more plausible, but it still looks like from a spy novel.

Sad book.
I have seen a movie and documentaries about his whole life and I am fascinated by that man, an eccentric genius.

Moves
17 Mar 17

Just got Andrew Taylor's "Anatomy of Ghosts", a suggestion from my friend Torunn.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Just got Andrew Taylor's "Anatomy of Ghosts", a suggestion from my friend Torunn.
I hope it won't disappoint you.

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Torunn
I hope it won't disappoint you.
All your suggestions thus far have been good ones (well I thought so πŸ˜‰)

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
All your suggestions thus far have been good ones (well I thought so πŸ˜‰)
I hope your library can help you with the other book as well - it's one of my absolute favourites.

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by Torunn
I hope your library can help you with the other book as well - it's one of my absolute favourites.
Yes it is available and I have ordered it.