Watch the birdie

Watch the birdie

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
To Kill a Mockingbird is a 1962 American drama film directed by Robert Mulligan. The screenplay by Horton Foote is based on Harper Lee's 1960 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name. It stars Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch and Mary Badham as Scout.

Andy would remember Gregory Peck I would assume!

-VR
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Everyone already knew this but you. Did you ever actually see the movie? Or, God forbid, read the book?

You have to ruin EVERYthing with the obvious cut-and-paste, don't you?

This is possibly the one thing you do that annoys me the most.

You can never just let it go, can you?

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
To Kill a Mockingbird is a 1962 American drama film directed by Robert Mulligan. The screenplay by Horton Foote is based on Harper Lee's 1960 Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name. It stars Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch and Mary Badham as Scout.

Andy would remember Gregory Peck I would assume!

-VR
I remember Gregory Peck too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Mockingbird?
We have a mockingbird here that sings almost all night. He's never loud enough to hear from indoors, and so doesn't really bother anyone, but I've sat on my patio at night listening to him. He likes to sit on the top of a telephone pole and sing for hours. I think he's looking for a mate, as his location slightly changes night to night.

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Jun 20

@suzianne said
We have a mockingbird here that sings almost all night. He's never loud enough to hear from indoors, and so doesn't really bother anyone, but I've sat on my patio at night listening to him. He likes to sit on the top of a telephone pole and sing for hours. I think he's looking for a mate, as his location slightly changes night to night.
Don't you just wish he will find her?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jun 20
1 edit

@lemondrop said
I loved watching the squirrels bury the peanuts while being watched by the blue jays who would then take the peanuts away
there was a squirrel I named short tail who would greet me at my doorstep most days and a couple of jays who would perch on my railing waiting for some peanuts
but now the crows have dominated
very smart birds
once in awhile a chicken hawk will land in my yard
When I was a child living in Philadelphia with my grandparents, we would sit in the backyard in the afternoon feeding squirrels out of a huge bag of peanuts. They would come up and take them out of your hand.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Jun 20

@torunn said
Don't you just wish he will find her?
I like to experience being part of the circle of life, from the mockingbird singing to watching quail parents hustle their brood from house to house looking for food to seeing young children grow up in my neighborhood. It grounds me when I start to feel like nothing is important anymore.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jun 20
1 edit

@suzianne said
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Everyone already knew this but you. Did you ever actually see the movie? Or, God forbid, read the book?

You have to ruin EVERYthing with the obvious cut-and-paste, don't you?

This is possibly the one thing you do that annoys me the most.

You can never just let it go, can you?
Thanks for letting me know the copy and pasting annoys you the most probably why you don't get along with Duchess64, you don't like to hear FACTS!!! 😛 😉 Besides kid the Mocking bird Movie was before you time!!!

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
14 Jun 20

@suzianne said
When I was a child living in Philadelphia with my grandparents, we would sit in the backyard in the afternoon feeding squirrels out of a huge bag of peanuts. They would come up and take them out of your hand.
there are a couple of blue jays who would eat out of my hand
when you get that close to them you realize how beautiful they are
the crows in my yard seem wary
for a good read I recommend The gift of the Crows

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jun 20

@lemondrop said
there are a couple of blue jays who would eat out of my hand
when you get that close to them you realize how beautiful they are
the crows in my yard seem wary
for a good read I recommend The gift of the Crows
Robins have admirable confidence.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I agree with goad Robins have admirable confidence, even more so than he does! 😉

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
14 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
how so?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jun 20

@lemondrop said
how so?
It is ok Lemon you were correct about the Bluejays!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jun 20

@lemondrop said
how so?
On the rare occasions I do gardening, there is often one sitting on the fence unruffled by my presence.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jun 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
On the rare occasions I do gardening, there is often one sitting on the fence unruffled by my presence.
I bet it doesn't eat out of goad's hand! 😉

-VR

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
14 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
It is ok Lemon you were correct about the Bluejays!

-VR
I just never equated Robins with confidence
how does a bird show confidence?
I do get an occasional Robin in my yard