U.S. Shootings

U.S. Shootings

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@eladar said
It means this has happened and you are ok with it as long as you do not have to tell the kid. There is something wrong with your morality compass.
I thought, for a brief moment, that I'd like to live in your world. Then I came to my senses and decided that that would be a mistake because utopia is just...well I guess in fact it isn't is it? I live in the real world where, unfortunately, people do kill people no matter the reason. Laws are enacted to deal with that and it is up to the "powers that be", whom we elect, to deal with it. We, as citizens of a democracy, have the power to exert pressure on the politicians we elect to change those laws if we believe they are wrong or that they (those in power) are shirking their responsibilities. Aren't we lucky?

E

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
I thought, for a brief moment, that I'd like to live in your world. Then I came to my senses and decided that that would be a mistake because utopia is just...well I guess in fact it isn't is it? I live in the real world where, unfortunately, people do kill people no matter the reason. Laws are enacted to deal with that and it is up to the "powers that be", whom we el ...[text shortened]... e they are wrong or that they (those in power) are shirking their responsibilities. Aren't we lucky?
I suppose it is a dream world to expect elected officials to enforce laws. I am glad I am not in your world where I only have to care if a kid is made motherless if I need to be the one to tell him.

In this world both ends of the ruling class, both Conservative and Liberal, are working in collusion to have open borders no matter what the law says.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@eladar said
I suppose it is a dream world to expect elected officials to enforce laws. I am glad I am not in your world where I only have to care if a kid is made motherless if I need to be the one to tell him.

In this world both ends of the ruling class, both Conservative and Liberal, are working in collusion to have open borders no matter what the law says.
We seem to be miles apart, at least in our interpretation, and as such this conversation will get us nowhere. Let's do the "Let's agree to disagree" thing and move on.

E

Moves
07 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
We seem to be miles apart, at least in our interpretation, and as such this conversation will get us nowhere. Let's do the "Let's agree to disagree" thing and move on.
Everyone here agrees to disagree. Some just stand up for what is right while others say to do so is to live in a utopia.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@eladar said
Everyone here agrees to disagree. Some just stand up for what is right while others say to do so is to live in a utopia.
One man's "right" is another's "left" eh?

E

Moves
07 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
One man's "right" is another's "left" eh?
No one man speaks up the other says nothing and goes with the group. One man believes he is an individual the other wants to be part of the group.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@eladar said
No one man speaks up the other says nothing and goes with the group. One man believes he is an individual the other wants to be part of the group.
If that's the case, does it not seem like, since no others agree or side with the one, that maybe, just maybe the group may be right in their thinking/approach? I know there are exception to the rule but I hope you get my idea in this case.

E

Moves
07 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
If that's the case, does it not seem like, since no others agree or side with the one, that maybe, just maybe the group may be right in their thinking/approach? I know there are exception to the rule but I hope you get my idea in this case.
Few others on thos site. It is a rather leftist site. If you are not an American then I can certainly understand your point of view. If you are an American shame on you.

Moves
07 Aug 19

@eladar said
Few others on thos site. It is a rather leftist site. If you are not an American then I can certainly understand your point of view. If you are an American shame on you.
I am Canadian and a "left leaning" Liberal. Thanks for your understanding my point of view and I respect your right to express your "point of view". This, discussion, is the best way to deal with differences. The alternative is what often causes deaths.

E

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
I am Canadian and a "left leaning" Liberal. Thanks for your understanding my point of view and I respect your right to express your "point of view". This, discussion, is the best way to deal with differences. The alternative is what often causes deaths.
On the internet? On this site? Homey don't think so.

There are things worse than death.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19

@eladar said
On the internet? On this site? Homey don't think so.
It would be possible to agree to disagree though! 😉

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
In response to a bombshell New York Times report detailing that President Donald Trump posted higher losses on his tax filings during certain years in the 1980s and 90s than perhaps “any other individual” in the country — more than a $1 billion over a decade — the president himself confirmed Wednesday morning that what he was really up to at the time was creating a massive ...[text shortened]... n of a “tax shelter” for himself, other tax experts use a different name for it: tax dodging.

-VR
"the president himself confirmed Wednesday morning that what
he was really up to at the time was creating a massive 'tax shelter'"

That was Wednesday, May 8, not today.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@handyandy said
"the president himself confirmed Wednesday morning that what
he was really up to at the time was creating a massive 'tax shelter'"

That was Wednesday, May 8, not today.
Andy, no one said what Wednesday it was. Just that some tax experts call what he is doing tax dodging! Do you get it yet?

Are you a big Trumpster supporter? 🙂

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
07 Aug 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Are you a big Trumpster supporter?
No. I am a supporter of accuracy and truth.

The unattributed text you pasted is misleading. It's a
three-month-old story. It needs a time reference.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Aug 19
2 edits

@handyandy said
No. I am a supporter of accuracy and truth.

The unattributed quotation you posted is misleading. It's a three-month-old story. It needs a time reference.
LOL...OK Andy, maybe next time I'll see! 😉

What should be more important is what he said, not the day he said it on!!! 😉

I see you are still good at avoiding direct questions! 😛 😉

-VR