Travel

Travel

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
12 Mar 20

I am currently writing from the town of Weimar, Germany. It is after 4am and I have been up for a couple of hours, having been awakened by the frantic texting of my progeny after the Trump Administration’s announcement regarding travel restrictions from the Europe to the US.

First of all, I am having the time of my life. My plan is to fly from Frankfurt to London and then London to Seattle a week from Friday. So far, that plan is still in place. Anyone who knows me, also knows that I have contingency plans ready to implement if need be. Worst case scenario right now is that my stay is extended if the travel ban is extended. As rookie taught me so well, “We’ll see what happens.”

I am here to write, so I simply may have more to write about.

The main thing is I’m fine and I’m going to be fine. I’m not panicking and I have my towel 😉

Read a book!

Moves
12 Mar 20

@hakima said
I am currently writing from the town of Weimar, Germany. It is after 4am and I have been up for a couple of hours, having been awakened by the frantic texting of my progeny after the Trump Administration’s announcement regarding travel restrictions from the Europe to the US.

First of all, I am having the time of my life. My plan is to fly from Frankfurt to London and then L ...[text shortened]... out.

The main thing is I’m fine and I’m going to be fine. I’m not panicking and I have my towel 😉
Good luck with your project! Try to keep DT's ramblings in small print.

Moves
12 Mar 20

As I understand it and with what has been consistent elsewhere, you’ll have to wait 15 days in the UK before you can travel to the states. That’s assuming things don’t get worse there and they add uk onto the list. I’m in Malaysia at the moment, came overland from Singapore and they weren’t allowing anyone into Singapore who had been to China, Korea, Italy or Iran in the past 14 days, apparently the US are doing something similar with Europe, actually Trump looks as stupid as ever with this one, first he says all of Europe except for the UK then they release a statement saying that it’s actually just all of the Schengen region of Europe.

Grass Farmer

Moves
12 Mar 20

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-to-suspend-all-travel-from-europe-to-u-s-for-30-days-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-1.5494748

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Mar 20

@executioner-brand said
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-to-suspend-all-travel-from-europe-to-u-s-for-30-days-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-1.5494748
Barn door etc the us (trump) should have moved sooner.

Grass Farmer

Moves
12 Mar 20
1 edit

@badradger said
Barn door etc the us (trump) should have moved sooner.
Yeah, it's a learning curve.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
12 Mar 20

According to everything I’ve read, the restrictions wouldn’t apply to me because I am a US citizen, which makes absolutely no sense except as evidence of the Trump Administration’s xenophobic policies.

Grass Farmer

Moves
12 Mar 20

@hakima said
According to everything I’ve read, the restrictions wouldn’t apply to me because I am a US citizen, which makes absolutely no sense except as evidence of the Trump Administration’s xenophobic policies.
Today...

The area includes France, Italy, German, Greece, Austria, Belgium and others, and the White House said the zone has the highest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases outside of mainland China.
The restrictions don't apply to legal permanent residents, immediate family of U.S. citizens or others "identified in the proclamation" signed by Trump.

Moves
12 Mar 20

@hakima said

First of all, I am having the time of my life. My plan is to fly from Frankfurt to London and then L ...[text shortened]... out.

You are a resourceful woman. You'll be fine. Enjoy your writing time and we look forward to (well I do) hearing in detail, of your exploits.
🙂

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Mar 20

@great-big-stees said
You are a resourceful woman. You'll be fine. Enjoy your writing time and we look forward to (well I do) hearing in detail, of your exploits.
🙂
I do too.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
12 Mar 20

you folks have a great day!
do yer best to not lick each others face

i'm off to spread disease, destruction, and death

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
12 Mar 20

@hakima said

Keep your towel tight…

Actually be prepared to go into quarantine when returning to the USA. With a bit of bad luck you could also be caught in a quarantine in Germany (nobody knows yet)

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Mar 20

I believe this is a bad time for anyone to be doing any traveling.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
I believe this is a bad time for anyone to be doing any traveling.

-VR
Right now maybe most travellers just want to get back home.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Mar 20

@torunn said
Right now maybe most travellers just want to get back home.
I personally know a couple planning on going to Cuba the end of this month. Both are in the risk age, and don't seem to realize how dangerous it could be for them.

I feel bad for the people who got caught on cruises, but those going anywhere now are just taking their lives in their own hands far as I am concerned. I already bought my tickets isn't a good reason far as I am concerned.

-VR