Travel

Travel

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Mar 20

@hakima said
Unfortunately, I did not. I had thought to do that early on in my plans but my writing project was in Germany and I thought, given my unfamiliarity with Germany and the language, I would distract my purpose with yearning for the familiarity England offered.

I did consider adjusting my plans late last week to stay over for a night in London but the travel restrictions got t ...[text shortened]... ave all survived the current situation, and when I do, I will be certain to personally let you know.
It will be a pleasure for Mrs divegeester and myself to meet you.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
19 Mar 20

@divegeester said
The pleasure and the honor will be mine.

Moves
20 Mar 20

@divegeester said
I have met her and I can say, you'll be meeting a lovely lady.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20

@great-big-stees said
Come on now really what else would you say....>LOL<.....!

-VR

Moves
20 Mar 20

@very-rusty said
Come on now really what else would you say....>LOL<.....!

-VR
I speak only the truth.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Mar 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
I speak only the truth.
I didn't say you didn't...I said what else could you possibly say, worst person you've ever met?

-VR

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
21 Mar 20

Just a note to say I’m back home in the USA. Now I am supposed to self quarantine for 14 days...

...I go between being happy to be home and wishing I’d been “stranded” in Europe.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Mar 20

@hakima said
Just a note to say I’m back home in the USA. Now I am supposed to self quarantine for 14 days...

...I go between being happy to be home and wishing I’d been “stranded” in Europe.
Nice to hear you back home and doing well.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
21 Mar 20

@hakima said

Self quarantine - does that mean you can't see anybody? No food-shopping? No walks?

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
21 Mar 20

@torunn said
Self quarantine - does that mean you can't see anybody? No food-shopping? No walks?
There is a wide array of opinion on what self quarantine means. I did take the dogs for a walk this morning and I intend to go down to the waterfront which is near my flat at keast three times a week if not more. I believe the stuff some say about the benefit of negative ions.

I also walked to the grocer this morning because I was out of nearly everything. Good wine and bread were included in that order.

I will be working from home as will the rest of my office. I am feeling very fortunate that I am able and supported by my employer to do that.

I’m feeling great except for a little jet lag.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
21 Mar 20

@great-big-stees said
Ah! But you should meet Stees...he’s as charming as he is good looking.

Moves
22 Mar 20

@torunn said
It should do but when someone says they’re supposed to do something they might not and when they go to the grocers it clearly means they’re not going to do it.

No contact with others is basically what it means but you don’t need to be stuck inside. Saying that they’re really not sure how this thing spread and if people are contagious or not without showing symptoms.

Hard to know what to do.

Australia

Moves
22 Mar 20
1 edit

@trev33 said
It should do but when someone says they’re supposed to do something they might not and when they go to the grocers it clearly means they’re not going to do it.

No contact with others is basically what it means but you don’t need to be stuck inside. Saying that they’re really not sure how this thing spread and if people are contagious or not without showing symptoms.

Hard to know what to do.
In our guidelines, self-quarantine means no face-to-face contact. It allows you to take the dog for a walk in a public park provided that you do not approach any person. It does not allow you to shop, but you can order online or by phone and have food and other stuff delivered to your doorstep. You're not supposed to open the door until the courier has left the premises.

Having said that, these rules are being ignored here by a significant proportion of the populace. We're an anarchic lot, humans.

Moves
22 Mar 20

@hakima said
Ah! But you should meet Stees...he’s as charming as he is good looking.
Ahhhh. You're just saying that 'cause it's true. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜‰