This forum since …

This forum since …

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13d

@great-big-stees said
Can you give me the winning numbers for the upcoming lottery. I’ll split the winnings with you.👍
If I knew that information, why would I impart it?

Moves
13d

@divegeester said
If I knew that information, why would I impart it?
Because you’re philanthropic?🤔

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
13d

@divegeester said
… FMF

It seems pretty clear to me that FMF is gone for good since his bereavement. And whether you loved him or loathed him it is also now clear that he was without doubt one of, if not THE best poster in the two forums he frequented; General and Spirituality.

Thoughts?
I don't know anything about his "bereavement" but I wish him well with whatever he is doing.

Moves
12d

@mchill said
I don't know anything about his "bereavement" but I wish him well with whatever he is doing.
His bereavement has been well documented in this forum. I’ll pass on your good wishes for his well-being.

Do you agree with the premise in my OP that this forum and the spirituality forum are worse off without his posting?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
12d
3 edits

@divegeester said
His bereavement has been well documented in this forum. I’ll pass on your good wishes for his well-being.

Do you agree with the premise in my OP that this forum and the spirituality forum are worse off without his posting?
Sorry about missing the documentation of his bereavement. My reading of the postings here is inconsistent.

Regarding my views on agreeing with the premise in your OP that this forum and the spirituality forum are worse off without his posting; I have no opinion one way or the other. I never knew much about FMF and tend to focus most of my very limited brain power on either work or chess. These forums are just a hazy and occasional endeavor for me.

Moves
12d

@mchill said
Sorry about missing the documentation of his bereavement. My reading of the postings here is inconsistent.

Regarding my views on agreeing with the premise in your OP that this forum and the spirituality forum are worse off without his posting; I no opinion one way or the other. I never knew much about FMF and tend to focus most of my very limited brain power on either work or chess. These forums are just a hazy and occasional endeavor for me.
Ok well you don’t know him, you didn’t know about his bereavement and you have no opinion on the OP.

Thanks for posting anyway.

Moves
11d

@divegeester said
Ok well you don’t know him, you didn’t know about his bereavement and you have no opinion on the OP.

Thanks for posting anyway.
Why must you always be rude?

He may not have an opinion, but I do, since I know that FMF switched religions. From what he posted, I understood that he went from being a Christian to being an atheist, if my recollection serves me right.

The point for this opinion on FMF is in reference to his bereavement. I would imagine that he would have taken the loss of his wife differently and with less intensity, had he kept his Christian faith.

For an atheist, who religiously believes there is no God, death is the end. Whereas, a Christian believes there is something still, after death. Something of a possibility of being reunited with lost loved ones. Hope is last to die, as poets tell us. The hope that there may truly be an afterlife.

Whether it's true or not, it matters not when it comes to hope, which can lighten the heavy load of grieving. Who knows, perhaps FMF will comeback here, and tell us how and why he became a Christian once again. However, this is not a prediction, and only the hope that it will ease his pain.

If you do communicate with him privately, tell him that I wish for his heavy burden to be lightened. I would say that he did add life to this place.

Moves
11d

@pettytalk said
From what he posted, I understood that he went from being a Christian to being an atheist, if my recollection serves me right.

The point for this opinion on FMF is in reference to his bereavement. I would imagine that he would have taken the loss of his wife differently and with less intensity, had he kept his Christian faith.

For an atheist, who religiously believes ...[text shortened]... st loved ones. Hope is last to die, as poets tell us. The hope that there may truly be an afterlife.
Are you a Christian PettyTalk?

B

Moves
10d

B

Moves
10d

B

Moves
10d

Moves
10d

The post that was quoted here has been removed
That’s questionable.

You’ve been banned maybe 35 times, usually these days in about 24-48 hours, and your not “here” more that you are “here”.

A few of us run a book betting on how long it will be before one of the mods clobbers you. As a betting man yourself you’d enjoy it.

Moves
10d
2 edits

@pettytalk said

He may not have an opinion, but I do, since I know that FMF switched religions. From what he posted, I understood that he went from being a Christian to being an atheist, if my recollection serves me right.

The point for this opinion on FMF is in reference to his bereavement. I would imagine that he would have taken the loss of his wife d ...[text shortened]... im that I wish for his heavy burden to be lightened. I would say that he did add life to this place.
Hi PettyTalk,

I passed on your thoughts here to FMF and I’m sorry to report back that he wasn’t too grateful tbh.

I think the main problem you have in terms of engaging with him seems to be that he seems to think you’re a preposterous, pretentious creep, a sort of cross between all the worst bits of Lemon Lime and Kevin Eleven.

There were a few other choice FMF-isms, but that’s probably it in a nutshell.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
10d

@pettytalk said

The point for this opinion on FMF is in reference to his bereavement. I would imagine that he would have taken the loss of his wife d ...[text shortened]... im that I wish for his heavy burden to be lightened. I would say that he did add life to this place.
You are crossing a line here which should not be crossed.

Moves
10d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
You are crossing a line here which should not be crossed.
Perhaps Ghost of a Duke will be back from his sabbatical in time to see it. But I doubt it.

I doubt he’ll “see it” I mean; not I doubt that he’ll be back in time.