The Victimhood Thread

The Victimhood Thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 May 19
1 edit

There's only one rule for posts on this thread:

Whatever is posted, it must be steeped - either implicitly or explicitly - in the poster's sense of victimhood.

And I propose this topic in order to allow people like me to air our grievences regarding the mean things that people say and think about us.

F

Moves
19 May 19

I'll be shouted down for saying this, as usual, no doubt, but, hey now, have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Moves
19 May 19

F

Moves
19 May 19

@fmf said
Whatever is posted, it must be steeped - either implicitly or explicitly - in the poster's sense of victimhood.
My parents had it worse than me in the 1950s, of course, when potential lodgings were crossed off the list because of the "No Dogs & No Irish" signs in the windows, but my ethnicity has always been part of the current I've spent my life swimming against.

Moves
19 May 19

F

Moves
19 May 19

@fmf said
More than anyone else, I give it my all. Yes, I suppose I do feel underappreciated and misunderstood ~ pretty much all the time ~ but you will never hear me speak a word of complaint about it. Not to anyone. Ever.

Read a book!

Moves
19 May 19

@fmf said
More than anyone else, I give it my all. Yes, I suppose I do feel underappreciated and misunderstood ~ pretty much all the time ~ but you will never hear me speak a word of complaint about it. Not to anyone. Ever.
Do you wear a hood?

Moves
19 May 19
1 edit

Read a book!

Moves
19 May 19

@caesar-salad removed their quoted post
Is there a vacancy between your ears? What completes victimhood better than a hood?

Moves
19 May 19

@handyandy said
Is there a vacancy between your ears? What completes victimhood better than a hood?
Ah! 💡 I am sometimes slow on the uptake. 😉

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
19 May 19

It was implied that I am a forum bully in another topic on another thread and I wasn’t even given the chance to give it my best shot.

Pout!

Moves
19 May 19

@hakima said
It was implied that I am a forum bully in another topic on another thread and I wasn’t even given the chance to give it my best shot.

Pout!
Strong personalities can sometimes appear to be bullies to the more sensitive among us.

I have a mix of both, so I sympathize completely, but there's nothing I can do.*

*yes, that was an APP ref, for the plagiarism police.

Read a book!

Moves
19 May 19

@caesar-salad said
Strong personalities can sometimes appear to be bullies to the more sensitive among us.

I have a mix of both, so I sympathize completely, but there's nothing I can do.*

*yes, that was an APP ref, for the plagiarism police.
Why are you pandering to the police?

Moves
19 May 19

@handyandy said
Why are you pandering to the police?
You might not know that Sun Tzu is part of my curriculum this season. 😉

F

Moves
19 May 19

@handyandy said
Do you wear a hood?
Every time I wear a hood I get funny looks and it's got to the point where I dare not use any part of a car as clothing ~ even ironically or self-deprecatingly ~ or, indeed, any clothing with pictures of car parts on it. But oh well, it's the story of my life.