1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 07:46
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Wow. right between the eyes lol
    Actually, Torunn, I have a terrible thirst from working out today. Chess pieces get kinda' heavy after a while. 😉 [whistling]
    You are a good at chess - a reputation to live up to. 🙂
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 12:19
    @torunn said
    My rating is as low as my self esteem. Just kidding my self esteem is GREAT…it’s in my name fir crying out loud.👍 Now who wants what?😁
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 15:31
    @great-big-stees said
    My rating is as low as my self esteem. Just kidding my self esteem is GREAT…it’s in my name fir crying out loud.👍 Now who wants what?😁
    I'm just home from dining at an Indian restaurant, Dawaat, and didn't have time for coffee. Can I have a caffe latte please and a biscuit?
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 15:38
    @torunn said
    I'm just home from dining at an Indian restaurant, Dawaat, and didn't have time for coffee. Can I have a caffe latte please and a biscuit?
    Did you enjoy it, I’ve never had it before. I heard it’s really spicy, what would you suggest? Have a blessed day.
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 15:522 edits
    @mike69 said
    Did you enjoy it, I’ve never had it before. I heard it’s really spicy, what would you suggest? Have a blessed day.
    Well you can have their butter chicken in a lovely mild sauce, I think every decent Indian restaurant has that on their menu. With some dishes you can choose grade of seasoning. Enjoy! 🙂
  6. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 17:06
    @torunn said
    Well you can have their butter chicken in a lovely mild sauce, I think every decent Indian restaurant has that on their menu. With some dishes you can choose grade of seasoning. Enjoy! 🙂
    I’ve always been a picky eater, but getting older now I’m tired of the same things. I’m finding by trying some different things like broccoli, their actually pretty good cooked correctly and thank you🙂.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 20:51
    @torunn said
    I also have a reputation of being a friendly social imbiber. Help me out with a nice SAm Adams to start with. TY
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 20:58
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I also have a reputation of being a friendly social imbiber. Help me out with a nice SAm Adams to start with. TY
    There was a note from Stees in the bar that we are temporarily out of Sam Adams beer. As I am not a beer lover, can you suggest another brand just as good? 🙂
  9. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 21:51
    @torunn said
    There was a note from Stees in the bar that we are temporarily out of Sam Adams beer. As I am not a beer lover, can you suggest another brand just as good? 🙂
    Shriner boc
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 22:271 edit
    @Torunn

Ha! Stees is getting it? Tell him a Labatt's blue. He'll understand. TY
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 13:161 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @Torunn

Ha! Stees is getting it? Tell him a Labatt's blue. He'll understand. TY
    My dear Earl I get it but would never allow a Labatt’s Blue or Blue lite to be served at the Tavern. We do, after all have “some” taste.🤔😲👍 Perhaps a “50”? 😁
  12. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 13:21
    @great-big-stees said
    My dear Earl I get it but would never allow a Labatt’s Blue or Blue lite to be served at the Tavern. We do, after all have “some” taste.🤔😲👍 Perhaps a “50”? 😁
    I get better service when I go to Montreal.
    The city is run by the mob so everything works.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 15:42
    @the-gravedigger said
    I get better service when I go to Montreal.
    The city is run by the mob so everything works.
    Let me just say that our Tavern was - almost - considered (by some) for an alternative Michelin star award recently but didn't go quite all the way.
  14. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 17:06
    @torunn said
    Let me just say that our Tavern was - almost - considered (by some) for an alternative Michelin star award recently but didn't go quite all the way.
    Well deserved Torunn, especially for staying open during covid.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 20:04
    @the-gravedigger said
    Well deserved Torunn, especially for staying open during covid.
    No lock-down here - mustn't keep our customers waiting...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree