the Manson murders of the late 1960s

the Manson murders of the late 1960s

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Is it not human nature to "feel more" for a family member, neighbour, or someone you have, if only through the medias, a connection with than someone you know not?
If Charlie Manson killed a family member or neighbour of yours, then I apologize for hurting your feelings.

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
If Charlie Manson killed a family member or neighbour of yours, then I apologize for hurting your feelings.
No need "F" didn't happen. Just weighing in with another opinion. What a truly sad world this would be if everyone were the same.

PDI

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Now that you have had the chance to take stock and be more proportionate - 40 years down the road
Would it surprise you that I have done quite a bit of reading on the Vietnam war, and have a set of DVDs on that topic?

F

Moves
09 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
Would it surprise you that I have done quite a bit of reading on the Vietnam war, and have a set of DVDs on that topic?
Why would I care? You've reached out to me and others here on an international web site because you're fetishing over a talboid-esque U.S. cause celebre from 1970. Why would I care if you "have done quite a bit of reading on the Vietnam war"? Maybe you love your family too. And give to charity. What's the shelf life of a 1970 media sensation with a few people dead?

F

Moves
09 Apr 13

No need "F" didn't happen. Just weighing in with another opinion.
Are you saying Charlie Manson killed one of Paul Dirac II's family members or neighbours?

l

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I'm not talking about a family member, a friend, or a friend of a friend - I'm saying that sometimes it is easier to understand what is happening to an individual than a crowd. And I think that's good - if those who kill thousands of people would only see one person, one child instead of a crowd, maybe it would be more difficult harm these people.

F

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by lolof
I'm not talking about a family member, a friend, or a friend of a friend - I'm saying that sometimes it is easier to understand what is happening to an individual than a crowd. And I think that's good - if those who kill thousands of people would only see one person, one child instead of a crowd, maybe it would be more difficult harm these people.
Maybe being unable to see or comprehend what is happening to thousands or millions is what enables those who slaughter thousands or millions. Are we still talking about a 40 year old murder of NOT even remotely 'thousands or millions'? Does the passage of time not negate the lack of perspective that people had 40 years ago?

PDI

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Why would I care? ... What's the shelf life of a 1970 media sensation with a few people dead?
May I suggest that you keep your blood pressure lower by not reading this thread?
🙂

F

Moves
09 Apr 13
1 edit

May I suggest that you keep your blood pressure lower by not reading this thread?
🙂
I am perfectly calm. Nice try. Why not just say you disagree with me rather than try to make it about some personal failing or problem of mine? 🙂

Here's the question you were trying to deflect: What's do you think is the shelf life of a 1970 media sensation with a few people dead?

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
Are you saying Charlie Manson killed one of Paul Dirac II's family members or neighbours?
Hmmmmm, let me think for a minute...nope, don't think so. Wait a minute...did one of the US bombs that dropped on Cambodia kill a neighbour/friend of yours? 🙁

F

Moves
09 Apr 13

Hmmmmm, let me think for a minute...nope, don't think so. Wait a minute...did one of the US bombs that dropped on Cambodia kill a neighbour/friend of yours? 🙁
No. You asked me: 'Is it not human nature to "feel more" for a family member, neighbour...?' We are talking about Charlie Mason and his victims in 1970. Whose family members or neighbours are you referring to?

F

Moves
09 Apr 13

Certainly a shrapnel wound incurred by someone in southeast Asia at that time was just as bloody and painful..
If a family member or neighbour of yours was killed by shrapnel in 1970, then I apologize for hurting your feelings.

Moves
09 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
No. You asked me: 'Is it not human nature to "feel more" for a family member, neighbour...?' We are talking about Charlie Mason and his victims in 1970. Whose family members or neighbours are you referring to?
You would appear to have taken what I said, well a portion of it anyway, and forgotten the other part, which was neither a family member nor neighbour but someone else to whom one might have a 'connection". Is that what you accused someone else of doing earlier?

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
09 Apr 13

F

Moves
09 Apr 13

You would appear to have taken what I said, well a portion of it anyway, and forgotten the other part, which was neither a family member nor neighbour but someone else to whom one might have a 'connection". Is that what you accused someone else of doing earlier?
I can see how someone connected to a Charlie Manson victim might still be concerned even nowadays by whether the murders were famous internationally.