Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Feb 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
We've begun sticking "things" in our suitcases...a week today and we're off. "Dos cerveza por favor"
Enjoy, both of you. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Feb 20

@great-big-stees said
I saw an article, stuck at the bottom of page 7 in the newspaper, saying that the Coronavirus has now surpassed that of the SARS one. 🤔🙊
Yes, and sticking with that the death toll is already higher and looks to be climbing we already have cases here in B.C. and Ontario...be careful my friend!

-VR

b

Moves
11 Feb 20

Does RHP need an Infectious Disease thread?

Can we stick to nonsense in here?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Feb 20
1 edit

@billyray said
Does RHP need an Infectious Disease thread?

Can we stick to nonsense in here?
It is something that affects all of us, so I see no reason why it can't be stuck in here.

It is a fact it has become a serious problem around the world and will affect all of us in some way. Our gas, oil, food, clothes, will certainly be costing more. The economy will be hit by it, this is a bit difficult to avoid my friend.

BTW: It is not the whole Thread just a few posts about it!

-VR

Moves
12 Feb 20

@very-rusty said
It is something that affects all of us, so I see no reason why it can't be stuck in here.

It is a fact it has become a serious problem around the world and will affect all of us in some way. Our gas, oil, food, clothes, will certainly be costing more. The economy will be hit by it, this is a bit difficult to avoid my friend.

BTW: It is not the whole Thread just a few posts about it!

-VR
Sticking to the lightheartedness of this thread...don't forget Valentines day.

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Feb 20

@great-big-stees said
Sticking to the lightheartedness of this thread...don't forget Valentines day.
Valentines day, thank you, good you reminded us. 🙂

Moves
12 Feb 20

@torunn said
Valentines day, thank you, good you reminded us. 🙂
I'm stuck, at the moment, as to what to get my "special" Valentine but I'm sure she'll think of something.

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Feb 20

@great-big-stees said
I'm stuck, at the moment, as to what to get my "special" Valentine but I'm sure she'll think of something.
It's not such a big thing in this country, but it is, indeed, in our hearts.

Moves
12 Feb 20

@torunn said
It's not such a big thing in this country, but it is, indeed, in our hearts.
Well my sticky Valentine's Day conundrum has be settled. A rose (just one) and a "get my fingernails and toenails done" for our upcoming (less than a week now) sunny climes vacation.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 20

@great-big-stees said
Well my sticky Valentine's Day conundrum has be settled. A rose (just one) and a "get my fingernails and toenails done" for our upcoming (less than a week now) sunny climes vacation.
This is sticky are the fingernails and toenails for you or her? 😉

Where are you going for vacation? Place?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Feb 20

@great-big-stees said
That sounds like the right thing to do for the woman in your life. 🙂

Moves
12 Feb 20

@very-rusty said
This is sticky are the fingernails and toenails for you or her? 😉

Where are you going for vacation? Place?

-VR
We tend to stick with Cuba. This year it's the Grand Aston Cayo Las Brujas Beach Resort & Spa.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
We tend to stick with Cuba. This year it's the Grand Aston Cayo Las Brujas Beach Resort & Spa.
You going to stick to your plans. Not concerned about the coronavirus re-named Covid-19? I also know a couple going in April.

I found the reason the name was changed:

On Tuesday, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared an official name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19 — making sure not to reference Wuhan, the central Chinese city where the virus originated. COVID-19 stands for Corona Virus Disease 19.

“Having a name matters to prevent the use of other names that can be inaccurate or stigmatizing,” said Director-General of the WHO, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. “It also gives us a standard format to use for any future coronavirus outbreaks.” The WHO referenced guidelines set in 2015 that ensure the name does not refer to a geographical location, an animal, an individual or group of people, while still being pronounceable and related to the disease.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
12 Feb 20

@great-big-stees said
You will have a great time - leisure, reading, good company. Wish you both a good trip.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Feb 20
1 edit

@torunn said
You will have a great time - leisure, reading, good company. Wish you both a good trip.
I'd stick to wishing him a safe one and neither of them catch anything. I am sticking close to home until this dies down, draveling not a very wise choice at this time in my opinion.

Newfoundland travellers contract mysterious disease traced to ...
https://globalnews.ca › news › nl-disease-cave-trip-in-cuba
Jul 4, 2019 - Terri Murphy of Paradise, N.L., travelled to Cuba with her husband on April 27, ... China reports drop in new COVID-19 cases as death toll tops 1,100 ... Murphy said pinpointing the source of her condition offered some relief from ... COVID-19: New coronavirus disease named by World Health Organization.

-VR