1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 02:40
    @very-rusty said
    I'd stick to wishing him a safe one and neither of them catch anything. I am sticking close to home until this dies down, draveling not a very wise choice at this time in my opinion.

Newfoundland travellers contract mysterious disease traced to ...
    https://globalnews.ca › news › nl-disease-cave-trip-in-cuba
    Jul 4, 2019 - Terri Murphy of Paradise, N.L., travelled to Cu ...[text shortened]... ed some relief from ... COVID-19: New coronavirus disease named by World Health Organization.

-VR
    We are sticking with our plans. When your time comes and rest assured it will, there’s nothing you can do to avoid it. In the mean time, enjoy doing what you enjoy doing.👍
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 12:511 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    We are sticking with our plans. When your time comes and rest assured it will, there’s nothing you can do to avoid it. In the mean time, enjoy doing what you enjoy doing.👍
    That is exactly why I am keeping my butt stuck here, safe so far. I don't want to go to another country with more chances of getting something I may not recover from. I can then continue to enjoy doing what I do! 😉

Everyone knows Cuba is a tourist destination...How many have already been there with the virus and spread it around. It takes time for a person to even know they have it. To each his own though, live and let live I always say.

-VR
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:02
    @very-rusty said
    That is exactly why I am keeping my butt stuck here, safe so far. I don't want to go to another country with more chances of getting something I may not recover from. I can then continue to enjoy doing what I do! 😉

Everyone knows Cuba is a tourist destination...How many have already been there with the virus and spread it around. It takes time for a person to even know they have it. To each his own though, live and let live I always say.

-VR
    I plan to, unlike the ostrich, not stick my head in the sand but gracefully glide on it as I wend my way into the Caribbean, Bucanero in hand. 🙂
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:153 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    I plan to, unlike the ostrich, not stick my head in the sand but gracefully glide on it as I wend my way into the Caribbean, Bucanero in hand. 🙂
    Good luck to you my friend stick to it and if I don't see you again, been nice knowing you! 😉

The Ostrich has a good idea why he is sticking his head in the sand! It is because something has frightened him/her. I'd sooner be a live Ostrich then a dead thrill seeker! 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:05
    @very-rusty said
    Good luck to you my friend stick to it and if I don't see you again, been nice knowing you! 😉

The Ostrich has a good idea why he is sticking his head in the sand! It is because something has frightened him/her. I'd sooner be a live Ostrich then a dead thrill seeker! 😉

-VR
    Suppose the thing it was frightened of were, let's say a predator. Think sticking it's head in the sand would be a good idea?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:14
    @great-big-stees said
    Suppose the thing it was frightened of were, let's say a predator. Think sticking it's head in the sand would be a good idea?
    I am not saying the ostrich is any smarter than you are. You know traveling involves the risk of catching the virus, so it is entirely up to you and your wife. Personally I am sticking right where I am, not to say I couldn't come in contact with it, but much less chance that visiting other countries. Some like living life on the edge others don't! 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:18
    @very-rusty said
    I am not saying the ostrich is any smarter than you are. You know traveling involves the risk of catching the virus, so it is entirely up to you and your wife. Personally I am sticking right where I am, not to say I couldn't come in contact with it, but much less chance that visiting other countries. Some like living life on the edge others don't! 😉

-VR
    You're right...to each his/her own.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:25
    @great-big-stees said
    You're right...to each his/her own.
    Stick to what you believe, have no regrets later which I hope there will be none.

Try to come back healthy, and enjoy your vacation.

-VR
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 16:19
    14,932. So cloee now to 14,984! Amazing!!!
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 12:57
    @coquette said
    14,932. So cloee now to 14,984! Amazing!!!
    Stick around. We're bound to get there. 😉
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 13:13
    @great-big-stees said
    Stick around. We're bound to get there. 😉
    14,934 - just sayin'
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '20 17:07
    @torunn said
    14,934 - just sayin'
    Not counting on it sticking
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Feb '20 13:32
    @coquette said
    Not counting on it sticking
    You KNOW it will not stick, numbers are always moving! 😉

-VR
  14. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '20 23:56
    @very-rusty said
    You KNOW it will not stick, numbers are always moving! 😉

-VR
    Sticky point, that
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Feb '20 07:54
    @coquette said
    Sticky point, that
    IceCold would be surprised at this long-lived idea of a thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree