1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 15:591 edit
    @torunn said
    Peter, It is interesting to imagine how people are in reality. I have a very good impression from the contacts I have had with a few here. There is a word - 'avid' - that I haven't used before, but maybe it is how I would guess you are. I hope it is a nice word.
    'avid' having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something. I believe that would describe or stick on most people.

-VR
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 16:29
    @very-rusty said
    'avid' having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something. I believe that would describe or stick on most people.

-VR
    Yes, many at least. Peter certainly gives me that impression.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 17:07
    @torunn said
    Peter, It is interesting to imagine how people are in reality. I have a very good impression from the contacts I have had with a few here. There is a word - 'avid' - that I haven't used before, but maybe it is how I would guess you are. I hope it is a nice word.
    I'm not very aware of 'avid' as a word so maybe it's not in use so much in my neck of the woods, but I am one of life's enthusiasts. I don't know how that comes over in forums. Probably makes me a loud mouth with too much to say, but it seems to get people cleaning the beaches with us. I think people like working with an enthusiast. We've had a few teenage volunteers in the group who are working towards volunteering awards and I love all the idealist drive to make the oceans free of plastic. That energy makes cleaning up a beach feel more like you are saving the planet! Perhaps I'm an avid beach cleaner. I think working with the young keeps you young.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 17:12
    @petewxyz said
    I'm not very aware of 'avid' as a word so maybe it's not in use so much in my neck of the woods, but I am one of life's enthusiasts. I don't know how that comes over in forums. Probably makes me a loud mouth with too much to say, but it seems to get people cleaning the beaches with us. I think people like working with an enthusiast. We've had a few teenage volunteers in the ...[text shortened]... aving the planet! Perhaps I'm an avid beach cleaner. I think working with the young keeps you young.
    You must have missed this: 'avid' having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something. I believe that would describe or stick on most people.

Stick around you add to the STG Thread! 😉

-VR
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 12:39
    @very-rusty said
    You must have missed this: 'avid' having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something. I believe that would describe or stick on most people.

Stick around you add to the STG Thread! 😉

-VR
    Great idea and good to see new blood sticking in a comment or two. 😀
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 13:19
    @great-big-stees said
    Great idea and good to see new blood sticking in a comment or two. 😀
    Blood is sticky stuff.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 14:13
    @kewpie said
    Blood is sticky stuff.
    So are relations sometimes, on this site we stick together.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 16:051 edit
    @torunn said
    So are relations sometimes, on this site we stick together.
    There have been times where many were on the same page, and stuck together. It doesn't happen a whole lot though. 😉 Exceptions being the little groups, but even they were on the same page with certain issues which have come up over the years.

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '20 12:40
    @very-rusty said
    There have been times where many were on the same page, and stuck together. It doesn't happen a whole lot though. 😉 Exceptions being the little groups, but even they were on the same page with certain issues which have come up over the years.

-VR
    A family that picks (on others) together, sticks together. 😲
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    29 Jul '20 13:09
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jul '20 14:11
    @great-big-stees said
    A family that picks (on others) together, sticks together. 😲
    You make an excellent point indeed.

Did you have razor blades for breakfast, if so stick to them! 😉

-VR
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 12:17
    @very-rusty said
    You make an excellent point indeed.

Did you have razor blades for breakfast, if so stick to them! 😉

-VR
    No but like you I did stick in, just a sprinkle of sarcasm. 😉
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Jul '20 12:37
    @great-big-stees said
    No but like you I did stick in, just a sprinkle of sarcasm. 😉
    You almost got it down too!! 😉 Stick to it and you'll perfect it after awhile! 🙂

-VR
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 12:47
    This thread's still sticking to page 1.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 13:17
    @kewpie said
    This thread's still sticking to page 1.
    And that's likely because, every once in a while, someone else sticks in a response eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree