Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kewpie said
It sounds pretty normal to me. Retirement complexes usually contain a large number of single-person housing units, and differing life expectancy means that most of these would be females.

Now if this was a young singles complex it would be quite different, sticky situations could be pretty likely.
I didn't see here say it was a Retirement complex, I understood her to say it was a house, which is why I stuck that in.

A Retirement complex would be a whole different idea altogether.

-VR

Moves
22 Jul 20

@very-rusty said
I didn't see here say it was a Retirement complex, I understood her to say it was a house, which is why I stuck that in.

A Retirement complex would be a whole different idea altogether.

-VR
It happens, on occasion, that people, even me, forget to "stick in" important info...so sue me already. 😲 😉

SRB

Moves
22 Jul 20

@torunn said
We are all elderly and need help for all sorts of things. Lars, our married neighbour, is my age, the other women here are older. He could be kept busy all the time but we often stick to hiring help instead.
My daughters tell me that DIY is generational. Apparently nobody in their twenties or thirties does it or fixes things and they just ask their parents. They reckon this is reflected in who uses DIY stores. Not sure what to make of that. Maybe kids don't do DIY with parents anymore in this busy world so they don't learn the skills. Wonder if lockdown changed that for the better? Stuck in the house together!

Australian cat

Australia

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
My daughters tell me that DIY is generational. Apparently nobody in their twenties or thirties does it or fixes things and they just ask their parents. They reckon this is reflected in who uses DIY stores. Not sure what to make of that. Maybe kids don't do DIY with parents anymore in this busy world so they don't learn the skills. Wonder if lockdown changed that for the better? Stuck in the house together!
I'd agree with that, as far as urban populations are concerned. Out in the less populated areas the DIY habit is passed down to the kids. Our local hardware barn runs kids' DIY workshops for the kids whose fathers aren't good at it. Lockdown is producing a whole new generation of young gardeners, and hopefully that will stick.

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kewpie said
I'd agree with that, as far as urban populations are concerned. Out in the less populated areas the DIY habit is passed down to the kids. Our local hardware barn runs kids' DIY workshops for the kids whose fathers aren't good at it. Lockdown is producing a whole new generation of young gardeners, and hopefully that will stick.
I am a bit of a DIYer but when it comes to any serious work needed I stick to calling in the "experts".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 20

@great-big-stees said
It happens, on occasion, that people, even me, forget to "stick in" important info...so sue me already. 😲 😉
Well when it changes the whole text of what you are talking about, it is kind of important to mention! 😛 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Well when it changes the whole text of what you are talking about, it is kind of important to mention! 😛 😉

-VR
The condo I live in is meant for people 50+ - originally 55 plus but we know we need younger people too, to make it all work. Many of us still here moved in when the house new, in 2004. We need younger people, quite simply. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 20

@torunn said
The condo I live in is meant for people 50+ - originally 55 plus but we know we need younger people too, to make it all work. Many of us still here moved in when the house new, in 2004. We need younger people, quite simply. 🙂
You didn't notice did you? 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jul 20
2 edits

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jul 20

@very-rusty said
You didn't notice did you? 😉

-VR
Do you mean your new avatar? No, I didn't. I suppose I was in a hurry to reply. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@torunn said
Do you mean your new avatar? No, I didn't. I suppose I was in a hurry to reply. 🙂
LOL....Yes, I saw you stick an answer in Lemons thread about my new avatar. If you look closely Andy was partly correct the lady is cradling the black king! goad's answer also partly correct.

-VR

Moves
24 Jul 20

@very-rusty said
LOL....Yes, I saw you stick an answer in Lemons thread about my new avatar. If you look closely Andy was partly correct the lady is cradling the black king! goad's answer also partly correct.

-VR
Why didn't you stick with the former? 🤔

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Jul 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Why didn't you stick with the former? 🤔
I was stuck with the sunset for a long time and just thought it was time for a change.

Appears you also changed your picture on your avatar. 😉 Not half bad actually!

-VR

Moves
24 Jul 20

@very-rusty said
I was stuck with the sunset for a long time and just thought it was time for a change.

Appears you also changed your picture on your avatar. 😉 Not half bad actually!

-VR
I had to stick my glasses back on but decided to leave the photo "glassesless".

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
24 Jul 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
I had to stick my glasses back on but decided to leave the photo "glassesless".
Hey, rather they are stuck on or not I still think you look very distinguished looking. Also a happy carefree man! Jeeze I gotta get a few brownie points for two compliments in one statement. 😉

-VR