1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 15:08
    @great-big-stees said
    And that's likely because, every once in a while, someone else sticks in a response eh?
    That is correct stees! 🙂 I'd like to stick in we are going through a heat wave since Monday, I am already looking forward to fall/Autumn my favourite time of the year. Spring being a close 2nd.

-VR
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 22:21
    @very-rusty said
    That is correct stees! 🙂 I'd like to stick in we are going through a heat wave since Monday, I am already looking forward to fall/Autumn my favourite time of the year. Spring being a close 2nd.

-VR
    I stick with winter myself, though a yearly visit to warmer climes ( Cuba), in February, have been happening for the past 10 years.🤔
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 22:23
    @great-big-stees said
    I stick with winter myself, though a yearly visit to warmer climes ( Cuba), in February, have been happening for the past 10 years.🤔
    Then my friend if your going to Cuba that isn't sticking out our Canadian winter.....You aren't staying for the whole thing so can't keep winter. 😉

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 22:24
    @very-rusty said
    Then my friend if your going to Cuba that isn't sticking out our Canadian winter.....You aren't staying for the whole thing so can't keep winter. 😉

-VR
    I will stick to my guns.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 22:35
    @great-big-stees said
    I will stick to my guns.
    You can stick to them if you wish but if you're not seeing winter out, I don't count you as a winter person as a fellow Canadian.

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 22:54
    @very-rusty said
    You can stick to them if you wish but if you're not seeing winter out, I don't count you as a winter person as a fellow Canadian.

-VR
    I stuck the numbers into my number cruncher and came up with less than 2% of the total year but it would jump to 5% if one concludes that a Canadian winter lasts, let’s say from mid October to mid March.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 14:44
    @great-big-stees said
    I stuck the numbers into my number cruncher and came up with less than 2% of the total year but it would jump to 5% if one concludes that a Canadian winter lasts, let’s say from mid October to mid March.
    I'd like to stick in sometimes even the end of March and into April on the East Coast. I would be happy right now for WINTER! We are stuck in this heat wave now for day 7, just sweating it out. Today it going up to mid 30's....Jeeze stees do you like these temperatures my old friend?

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 00:42
    @very-rusty said
    I'd like to stick in sometimes even the end of March and into April on the East Coast. I would be happy right now for WINTER! We are stuck in this heat wave now for day 7, just sweating it out. Today it going up to mid 30's....Jeeze stees do you like these temperatures my old friend?

-VR
    When the temp gets much above 25C, I stick on the central air.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Aug '20 13:402 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    When the temp gets much above 25C, I stick on the central air.
    I see the temperatures in your neck of the woods have been hot and sticky. I see all the time and effort they put in a thread throwing insults my way disappeared.

I saw up to the point where Dive said a few words, which appeared to be backing me up. I saw torunn's post also and thank you. A good learning experience to see how many hypocrites we have on here....LOL...

OH by the way much cooler here today. Back to a forecasted 29 for tomorrow however. It is a nice break from that 7 days straight of very hot weather.

-VR
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Aug '20 13:35
    @very-rusty said
    I see the temperatures in your neck of the woods have been hot and sticky. I see all the time and effort they put in a thread throwing insults my way disappeared.

I saw up to the point where Dive said a few words, which appeared to be backing me up. I saw torunn's post also and thank you. A good learning experience to see how many hypocrites we have on here....LOL...
    ...[text shortened]... ed 29 for tomorrow however. It is a nice break from that 7 days straight of very hot weather.

-VR
    I'm sorry I didn't make the purpose of that "Inanities" thread clear to you Rusty. I intended it to be a place where you could post without being immediately jumped on. I'm happy that it got removed.

Today we had a record low temperature maximum record of 10C (50F) which was a big incentive to stick around by the heater.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Aug '20 14:001 edit
    @kewpie said
    I'm sorry I didn't make the purpose of that "Inanities" thread clear to you Rusty. I intended it to be a place where you could post without being immediately jumped on. I'm happy that it got removed.

Today we had a record low temperature maximum record of 10C (50F) which was a big incentive to stick around by the heater.
    LOL...Kewpie, I knew from the the first post that it would end up getting removed as the insults would start to fly....Funny the ones making the insult remarks are the very ones who are a little group I believe Dive called them MAPA ( members against personal attacks), ironic. After all these years knowing this crowd I am surprised the "Inanities' thread would go any other way.

I am sure everyone was quite upset I didn't get myself involved in the insult flinging. The last post I saw was the one about Dive talking about (MAPA).....From what I saw Torunn was the only one to say it wasn't right. I was quite surprised though as to the amount of Alerts that the thread had already gotten when I looked at it.

It may have helped some if you had stuck in something about this isn't the purpose of this Thread. What is done is done, you know things just bounce off me, in fact I had a good laugh that people would put so much time and energy into flinging insults my way.

I believe I told you years ago, I don't take anything said personal unless concerns family. At least now those get removed immediately. I don't even know how long the thread actually went on before it got removed.

Anyways, not need for an apology! I was going to send you this in a P.M. but you have me on ignore, one of the few who do and were also in the thread were a few others who also have me on ignore. Not big deal though I don't mind being put on ignore, as I can say I what have to in the forum making sure not to break the TOS.

We are having a really hot one again today suppose to go up to 29 not counting the humidity factor which will drive it up in the 30's, we are really not use to those kind of temperatures around here and only as a rule only have the heat wave for a few weeks, but with the climate changing from what it once was hard to tell anymore.

Have A Great Day Kewpie, no hard feeling on my part. Hey, if nothing else got a bunch involved and I know who most of my fan club are now! 😉

EDIT: I call my fan club the ones who give me thumbs down, which I find funny as they don't have the courage to say something.

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Aug '20 21:29
    Who is sticking in the thumbs down and why?

Come forth and explain!

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 14:03
    @very-rusty said
    Who is sticking in the thumbs down and why?

Come forth and explain!

-VR
    Must be a couple of my fan club and we know who some of those are from the Kewpie thread! I will stick with that until someone has the courage to come forward and be a man or woman about it and why?

-VR
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 01:49
    @very-rusty said
    Must be a couple of my fan club and we know who some of those are from the Kewpie thread! I will stick with that until someone has the courage to come forward and be a man or woman about it and why?

-VR
    This is why thumbs are pointless. They don't reflect the content, they only show that you have a stalker. I wish we'd stuck with recommendations instead of kowtowing to bluidy facebook.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 12:37
    @kewpie said
    This is why thumbs are pointless. They don't reflect the content, they only show that you have a stalker. I wish we'd stuck with recommendations instead of kowtowing to bluidy facebook.
    I say, stick with what is best for "you".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree