Second Free Member Subscription Contest, 2012

Second Free Member Subscription Contest, 2012

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 12

Then again if there is someone out there who wants a sub but doesn't have the means, I would be happy to gift my sub to them.
I can't think of anyone right now.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm thinking a pouch of tobacco, but whatever.
Yeah, whatever, just be sure to remove the seeds and stems from your "tobacco" before you smoke it. 😕

Australia

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Then again if there is someone out there who wants a sub but doesn't have the means, I would be happy to gift my sub to them.
I can't think of anyone right now.
Very generous of you, I hope one of our less-fortunate fellow players takes up your offer.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Yeah, whatever, just be sure to remove the seeds and stems from your "tobacco" before you smoke it. 😕
I don't know why I even bother.

Yes, I'm going to go out and buy as much weed as I can with whatever refunds I get.

Is that better ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Very generous of you, I hope one of our less-fortunate fellow players takes up your offer.
I just want to make sure it's a worthy recipient. I got someone a sub on here who used it only for a month and then left.
Maybe someone from a country where 40 U.S. dollars is considered a lot of money - too much to spend on an rhp sub.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
04 Nov 12
1 edit

FINAL WORD, as I will not be contributing to this thread once this is posted.

First and foremost, I failed to state that as mentioned in the first post of this thread, the one-year-subscription is doubled to a 2-year-subscription in the event that someone hits the number squarely on the head. Karoly did so, and the subscription prize for karoly (if he chooses it) is thus doubled to a 2-year-subscription.

As I understand it from other members, apparently a subscription cannot be "tacked on" to an existing subscription. Therefore if Karoly chooses the subscription prize, he has the choice of either giving the 2-year-subscription away to a non-member, or, waiting until his subscription has ended and PM'ing me to cash in. Either way, once the winning prize is claimed, it will be awarded immediately.

Robbie's prize has already been awarded.

Now, in closing, I'd like to say something to all the complainers out there that are whining about how the contest ended and what a "farce" it is. The fact is, the contest ended abruptly "without clues" because evidently a host of people complained about the contest proprietor to such a degree, they managed to get him banned; the result of this is, the contest obviously had to be closed down, and prizes awarded based on current data.

It seems a little strange to me that people would join a contest, then run the contest proprietor out of town on a rail, and then complain that the contest came to an end too quickly.

However, it is what it is, and the prizes will be awarded if claimed. I say IF claimed, because in order to claim your prize, you must submit a PM to me and claim the prize you choose. The choice of prizes was listed in my previous post, and the only change to that is, Karoly has a 2-year-subscription available since he nailed the number perfectly. The other prizes are *not* doubled in the same manner.

That's it, and I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Karoly, the ball is in your court; this message is my final message in the thread. I await your PM in response the the PM I've already sent you.

Thank you all for your participation!

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by sumydid

First and foremost, I failed to state that as mentioned in the first post of this thread, the one-year-subscription is doubled to a 2-year-subscription in the event that someone hits the number squarely on the head. Karoly did so, and the subscription prize for karoly (if he ch ...[text shortened]... n response the the PM I've already sent you.

Thank you all for your participation!
"It seems a little strange to me that people would join a contest, then run the contest proprietor out of town on a rail, and then complain that the contest came to an end too quickly. "

Criticism is the price of creating something. Consider it a piece of performance art.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by JS357
"It seems a little strange to me that people would join a contest, then run the contest proprietor out of town on a rail, and then complain that the contest came to an end too quickly. "

Criticism is the price of creating something. Consider it a piece of performance art.
Perhaps he got banned for spamming the crap out of the forums?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
04 Nov 12
1 edit

It seems a little strange to me that people would join a contest, then run the contest proprietor out of town on a rail, and then complain that the contest came to an end too quickly.
Well actually it doesn't. It makes perfect sense, it was a way for "The Powers" to end the contest. They didn't want this type of thread to continue until Christmas as planned. They figured Bob would have to conclude and end it if they forced his hand.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
04 Nov 12

Will you now be posting 40 times a day on Bobby's behalf, per chance?

-m.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
04 Nov 12

Lol... This is like Scribs running a contest and kirksie wins or RN running a contest and cash the trash wins. What was the final number anyway?

Read a book!

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Well actually it doesn't. It makes perfect sense, it was a way for "The Powers" to end the contest. They didn't want this type of thread to continue until Christmas as planned. They figured Bob would have to conclude and end it if they forced his hand.
I don't think "The Powers" would have objected if Bobby kept it simple. The game went south when
he started tinkering with the rules and making people change their numbers. It was a train wreck.

rc

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by HandyAndy
I don't think "The Powers" would have objected if Bobby kept it simple. The game went south when
he started tinkering with the rules and making people change their numbers. It was a train wreck.
Its a pity Bobby isn't here to defend himself

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
04 Nov 12

Originally posted by mikelom
Aye. From 345 posts I've posted 13 times.

You have posted 127 times, or over 1/3rd, and most of them lists or changes of rules!

Have a think will you?

Criteria of a competition should be simple, set, and left for the competition to run itself until due date!.

-m. 😵 or 😴
See the above Robbie, You can't say he wasn't warned.

So no, it's not a pity. It's ignorance and self grace, as it always was.

-m.

Moves
04 Nov 12

You need to get your facts straight. TheBobby excessively spammed his own topic. Put people on "wanted" lists without consent, refused to take them of et cetera. The moron is now banned and the ban can not be long enough. I hope he will waste another of his six pm's to send a "thank you" to me.