Second Free Member Subscription Contest, 2012

Second Free Member Subscription Contest, 2012

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by lolof

Yes, "kanelbulle" is nice. 🙂
Meant to say,

'Thank you, you Svenska Flicka (Butterhorn). lol"

Hope you enjoy the Swedish References in the "~*~ Christmas is Only a Few Weeks Away~*~" thread. New chapter from the One Raspberry Ornament added today.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
31 Oct 12

What new clues? What's going on? Who's on first?

I didn't realise that the price of joining the competition was that I had to read this bloody thread everyday!

😠

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by divegeester

I didn't realise that the price of joining the competition was that I had to read this bloody thread everyday!

😠
It's gb's game so gb's rules.

You might have forgotten this is ALL about generosity ... I mean of course being very generous in giving huge amounts of attention to your quiz master.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 Oct 12

😠
Good News! You're one of the 9 guesses that survived the first two (planned) clues!

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Good News! You're one of the 9 guesses that survived the first two (planned) clues!
What an excellent thread, I must here more often.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Oct 12

CFMI:

Conflicted Few Misery Index
1,000 Month to Date.

Pitiful,

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Oct 12
2 edits

(Short Recess)

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 Oct 12

I can't believe I my coffee by accident!

Moves
31 Oct 12

I can't believe I my coffee by accident!
You did WHAT to your coffee?

Moves
31 Oct 12

There are three things to do with this contest. Participate, complain, and analyze. Oh, there is ignore.

Good guesses are still available somewhere between 1471 and 1937, and above 2045. Handy is right that an even number is the best guess because other things being equal, it has the best chance of being closest to the target odd number (other than a guess that IS the target number). This will be true until some large number of guesses are made. That is, if the "hints" remain in force.

It is still a good strategy to wait and try to be last to guess.

That's my analysis.

GB, I suggest you stop replying to criticism on this thread. Only reply to criticism if someone starts a new thread for that stuff. Limit this thread to guesses, updates and analysis, and the final result. This will take some self-restraint from all involved.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by JS357

There are three things to do with this contest. Participate, complain, and analyze. Oh, there is ignore.

Good guesses are still available somewhere between 1471 and 1937, and above 2045. Handy is right that an even number is the best guess because other things being equal, it has the best chance of being closest to the target odd number (other than a ...[text shortened]... updates and analysis, and the final result. This will take some self-restraint from all involved.
* The range of available numbers will be from 1,200, not zero, since the hint disclosure to (2,423), coincidentally the current chess rating of Kaoslos,
highest rated patzer on the site User 88066. This gives us a total of 1,223 pick possibilities. Hint Two revealed that the pre-selected number is odd, not even.[/b]

gb

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
31 Oct 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
* The range of available numbers will be from [b]1,200, not zero, since the hint disclosure to (2,423), coincidentally the current chess rating of Kaoslos,
highest rated patzer on the site User 88066. This gives us a total of 1,223 pick possibilities. Hint Two revealed that the pre-selected number is odd, not even.[/b]

gb[/b]
No, I believe there are 612 possible numbers, since even numbers are out. Did you get hit off the head with a dodge ball at "recess"?

Moves
31 Oct 12
2 edits

No, I believe there are 612 possible numbers, since even numbers are out. Did you get hit off the head with a dodge ball at "recess"?
Did he say even numbers that are closest to the pre-selected number won't count as wins?

Read a book!

Moves
31 Oct 12

Handy is right that an even number is the best guess because other things being equal, it has the best chance of being closest to the target odd number (other than a guess that IS the target number).
There's only a small advantage, roughly 10 percent. I only brought it up because he was advising people
to dump their even numbers and switch to odd.

On the other hand, an odd number is the only choice for a player whose exclusive interest is to hit the target.

Read a book!

Moves
31 Oct 12

Did he say even numbers that are closest to the pre-selected number won't count as wins?
No, unless that's the next hint.