RHP Prose Competition 2019 voting thread

RHP Prose Competition 2019 voting thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad removed their quoted post
If you had been following my posts you would know I didn't go to Timmy's and wouldn't sound so silly right now!!! 😛 Southern Canada?

-VR

A

RSA

Moves
13 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
Many people don't know where Halifax, Nova Scotia, is and when I tell them Canada, some will even ask where Canada is!!! Surprising in this day and age, at least to me.

Also I already have Halifax, Nova Scotia marked on my profile.

-VR
When I was 3, I had a layover in Halifax and my flight was delayed for 8 hours due to a blizzard. Unfortunately, I was dressed in clothes appropriate for the South American country in which I lived at the time. It was an extremely tedious 8 hours.

A

RSA

Moves
13 Jul 19

@caesar-salad removed their quoted post
Tim Horton's?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19

@ashiitaka said
When I was 3, I had a layover in Halifax and my flight was delayed for 8 hours due to a blizzard. Unfortunately, I was dressed in clothes appropriate for the South American country in which I lived at the time. It was an extremely tedious 8 hours.
You would have been fine in the airport I am sure! They now have a hotel close by for people such as yourself.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19
2 edits

@ashiitaka said
Tim Horton's?
It was a Coffee pastry place started by Tim Horton back in 1964, who was hockey player. He died about 10 years later in a car crash. There are now outlets from British Columbia to Newfoundland, from one end of Canada to the other.

Tim Horton. ... Miles Gilbert (Tim) Horton, hockey player, entrepreneur (born 12 January 1930 in Cochrane, ON; died 21 February 1974 in St. Catharines, ON). Horton was one of the best defenseman from the National Hockey League's Original Six Era and spent the majority of his career with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Death. Following a game in Toronto, Tim Horton opted to drive home to Buffalo in his Ford Pantera instead of taking the team bus. In the early hours of 21 February 1974, Horton lost control of his sports car and was killed on the Queen Elizabeth Way highway near St. Catharines.

The cost of a Tim Hortons® franchise varies depending on the restaurant size and location, along with other factors. You must have an estimated $500,000 in net worth and $100,000 in unencumbered funds in order to qualify. Financial requirements may be lower or higher depending on the transaction type.

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
13 Jul 19

This is a voting thread. It would help attract voters if others refrained from posting idle chatter.

Gothenburg

Moves
13 Jul 19

Please take a few minutes to read these fine stories and vote - they have been written for us.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Jul 19
1 edit

@handyandy said
This is a voting thread. It would help attract voters if others refrained from posting idle chatter.
Then why are you making idle chatter?

It appears to me it is for the stories and voting both not just a voting thread. Also votes can be sent privately to ponderable. Did you vote Andy? 😉

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jul 19

@very-rusty said

It appears to me it is for the stories and voting both not just a voting thread.
The clue is in the title.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Jul 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The clue is in the title.
More idle chat from you goad! 😛 😉

-VR

Moves
14 Jul 19

@handyandy said
Yes...and we have ways to make it so. "Out, damned idle chatters".

Moves
14 Jul 19
1 edit

Should we vote on the non-contestant, idle nonsense as well?

Just finished reading the first-half of entries. Wow!
This is going to be a difficult vote. 🙂

Moves
14 Jul 19

@wolfe63 said
Should we vote on the non-contestant, idle nonsense as well?
🤔

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
15 Jul 19

Such an impressive array of stories; I found it so difficult to vote this year. Well done everyone! You've all worked hard. 🏆

1st The Crayon

2nd The Last Metro

3rd. Vincent

Moves
15 Jul 19

@drewnogal said
Such an impressive array of stories; I found it so difficult to vote this year. Well done everyone! You've all worked hard. 🏆

1st The Crayon

2nd The Last Metro

3rd. Vincent
It would appear that, although in a different order, our reading tastes coincide. 🤔