Racism

Racism

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Apr 10
3 edits

SS

Moves
13 Apr 10

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
13 Apr 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Let's! 😵

h

Moves
13 Apr 10

I'm half Indian, half Tiger Woods. Can I join?

SS

Moves
13 Apr 10

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
13 Apr 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Fixed.
Fair enough. 🙂

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Apr 10

Does that mean that the chances of her getting naked are close to 0?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
13 Apr 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Does that mean that the chances of her getting naked are close to 0?
On the other hand she knows the art of unfreezing pee arches.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
13 Apr 10
3 edits

While I usually know better than to argue with intellectually dishonest, emo twits on the internet, I feel I must make an exception this time.

Your knee-jerk reaction ( "well the English are much more racist" ) speaks volumes about the bloody big chip on your shoulder.
As an ex-mod, you should realise that quotation marks are used to mark quotations, not to try to dishonestly place a position on another. Please quote where I either directly or even indirectly suggested this statement which you have clearly attributed to me, or publically accept that you are a dishonest weasil with very little class.

Why refer to "Scotsman" or "Englishman"? Is it pertinent?

Surely, the origin of the guy accusing the Irish of being racist pricks, and his supporting act who claims that non-Irish can't comfortably live in Ireland due to racism is important. Of course the nationality of these two accusers is pertinent, given the fact that your country's racial prejudice against the Irish is well documented and internationally accepted. The OP also makes a very explicit point about "typical Irish racist pricks", which you support with anecdotes. Nationality was key to your two posts, I don't understand your chargrin when I reply within the theme?

Sadly Ireland is where England was in the 1960s

This is offensive on 2 levels.

First, you accuse the Irish of being backwards, and secondly, you compare Ireland of today with England of the 60s, a time of huge racial tension in England, when gangs of white youths prowled the streets attacking minority groups, especially West Indians, and also when the minority ethnic groups rioted back, largely due to lack of police protection.

In fact, right up to the 21st century racial discrimination in England led to rioting. Lord Scarman wrote in 1981 "racial disadvantage is a fact of current British life. It was, I am equally sure, a significant factor in the causation of the Brixton disorders..."

In 2001, white youths were still attacking Asian businesses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Bradford_race_riots

This is not where Ireland is at the moment! Please post at least 1 link where large scale racial tensions sparked wide spread rioting in Ireland, or publically accept that you are a bigot using false statements to try to influence people to see the Irish in a negative light. The 2006 Dublin riot does not support your initial statement, nor your accusation that the Irish are exceptionally racist in any way, btw.

You dismiss racism so flippantly - "Fear and loathing of people different to one's own group is endemic in pretty much every culture." Shame on you.

The sentiment expressed in my statement is about the same as the sentiment expressed in your "I wish I had a solution." I also don't take kindly to receiving a scolding from a bigoted, intellectually dishonest, emo twit, as given your previous posts, you have no moral high ground.

D

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 10

Irish racists?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 10

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Neither is Mexican a race. But if I were to say, "He's a typical Mexican jerk," that would sound prejudicial, if not racist, wouldn't it?

I for one think your embryo post is a monument to hypocrisy.
They are ethnicities not race.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 10
6 edits

I'm both numbnuts (Mexican - Chicano - in ethnicity, not nationality). I'm also American both ethnically and by nationality. I'm Californian too. And white. And of the English-speaking ethnicity.

Irish and Mexicans have almost always bonded when they met. They're both funloving Catholic cultures with bitterness towards English speaking Protestant cultures of greater power. I think there were Irish helping the Mexicans in the Mexican American war (St. Patrick Battalion). California was one of the roads used for Irish to sneak out of the US into Mexico...illegal emigration!

Here are my peoples on the other side of the border:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Mexican

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 10

Originally posted by Seitse
Our?

Come on. You're kidding me. Geez.
What's that, Mr. Israel defending, Mexican corruption hating, Finn?

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 10

Originally posted by lausey
I think people should realise that a particular "race" in general doesn't even really exist from an anthropological viewpoint. It is a social/political construct.

Certainly you have racial characteristics (some more noticeable than others), but they are so mixed in with other racial characteristics that it doesn't make sense to single out describing someon ...[text shortened]... ulture from a certain region these characteristics will dominate (or perceived to dominate).
Not true, actually.

The latest genetic cluster analysis (that I know of) indicates that yes, human races do exist in a biological sense (vs. race being an artificial label without biological support). There are five races:

1) European/Middle Eastern/Indian
2) East Asian
3) African
4) (Indiginous) American
5) Pacific Islander

Tang, et al: Genetic Structure, Self-Identified Race/Ethnicity, and Confounding in Case-Control Association Studies. Am J Hum Genet. 2005 February; 76(2): 268–275. Published online 2004 December 29.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1196372/

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
13 Apr 10

Originally posted by Seitse
On the other hand she knows the art of unfreezing pee arches.
And the affections of Eskimo wives are part of the hospitality when you stay at your buddy's house.