Privacy rights

Privacy rights

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mlb62

Moves
17 Jun 20

Out in the public, (in the usa)..we have NO rights to prevent ourselves from being photographed or video'd.. in our cars, on the streets, it's the same thing. I encourage even more, clear, high quality cameras..everywhere. That way, eye-witnesses wont be sought after. EVERY building in NYC should have cameras at every exit.

Read a book!

Moves
17 Jun 20

@ogb said
Out in the public, (in the usa)..we have NO rights to prevent ourselves from being photographed or video'd.. in our cars, on the streets, it's the same thing. I encourage even more, clear, high quality cameras..everywhere. That way, eye-witnesses wont be sought after. EVERY building in NYC should have cameras at every exit.
I believe there are even more lenses trained on people in London.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jun 20

@ogb said
If you need another reason to be afraid, go watch a TV show called "Person of Interest". I think it's still on Netflix. It explores the idea of the surveillance state.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
17 Jun 20
1 edit

@ogb
Living in the U.K. (I think we are up there near the top) cameras are everywhere. Living not more than 200 yards for Bolton town centre (as the crow flies) 47 I've counted on the way to my bank. With COVID "The trace App" I can only now have a $hit in [edit] private - The person who invented frosted glass should be applauded🚬

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Jun 20

@ogb said
If you are out in public people are allowed to look at you, ergo allowed
to capture those memories. What is your problem with that? Recent
events have shown how important cameras are ... Afraid?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Jun 20

@hells-caretaker said
" I can only now have a $hit in [edit] private -
Would you prefer doing it in public??? 😲

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@suzianne said
If you need another reason to be afraid, go watch a TV show called "Person of Interest". I think it's still on Netflix. It explores the idea of the surveillance state.
Most crap on T.V. is scripted, even stuff they claim to be real.

-VR

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
17 Jun 20

@wolfgang59
Only if I was wearing socks to sacrifice.

Moves
17 Jun 20

@wolfgang59 said
If you are out in public people are allowed to look at you, ergo allowed
to capture those memories. What is your problem with that? Recent
events have shown how important cameras are ... Afraid?
Do you want someone following you with a camera 24/7?

mlb62

Moves
17 Jun 20

@trev33 said
I've read that new cars will have a chip/transmitter instead of license plates (or tags). There will be receivers on every street corner, so every car can be tracked 24/7. In california we already have bridge entrances that do that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@trev33 said
Good chance they are getting paid for it!

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
17 Jun 20

Just a thought...

Maybe they can have cameras in the streets of San Francisco and LA to catch all the peeps crapping in the street.

Ya think? Damn, I'm a genius! 😍

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@ogb said
I've read that new cars will have a chip/transmitter instead of license plates (or tags). There will be receivers on every street corner, so every car can be tracked 24/7. In california we already have bridge entrances that do that.
They can already track you with your cell phone. Lots of ways, nothing is private anymore.

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jun 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Just a thought...

Maybe they can have cameras in the streets of San Francisco and LA to catch all the peeps crapping in the street.

Ya think? Damn, I'm a genius! 😍
..."all the peeps crapping in the street."

How many do you think that is? A round number would be fine.

Über-Nerd

Moves
17 Jun 20

Cameras are ubiquitous in Germany, too. Pretty much every underground metro wagon and station is covered by surveillance cameras, and many above-ground busses and trams are as well.