1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 12:061 edit
    @vivify said
    I think Suzianne is closer to this goal, given her rejection of fundamentalist right-wing beliefs, than Eladar.
    Well, Suzianne is entitled to her beliefs regarding homosexuality. The 38% of Christians in the U.S. [who don't think it should be accepted] aren't going to be affected, I think, by people like her calling Eladar "disgusting" and not an "intelligent human". If her objective was, however, just to let off some Trumpian steam, then: mission accomplished.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 14:47
    Instead of male and female we should describe people as having male genitalia or female genitalia.

Even Moonbus said it was ridiculous for a man to claim to be a woman. He was not careful in his discussion to give a politically correct statement.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 16:41
    Here is the quote from Moonbus...

Of course a Black Liberal man can call himself a White Conservative woman, but that doesn't make it true. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/advanced-christian-salvation-theory.189996/page-2
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 17:26
    @fmf said
    Here is an objective fact about Christians and homosexuality in the U.S.

In 2014, 54% of Christians said they think it should be accepted, while 38% said they think it shouldn't. That's data from a Pew foundation survey.
    Claiming the "high" ground due to "argumentum ad populum vox" is never a good strategy.

"Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of the few and number not voices, but weigh them." —Immanuel Kant
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 17:28
    @fmf said
    Well, Suzianne is entitled to her beliefs regarding homosexuality. The 38% of Christians in the U.S. [who don't think it should be accepted] aren't going to be affected, I think, by people like her calling Eladar "disgusting" and not an "intelligent human". If her objective was, however, just to let off some Trumpian steam, then: mission accomplished.
    You, of ALL people, should not be questioning my motives. They are not to be gleaned from the thin slice of a glimpse into my character as you so often love to attempt.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 17:311 edit
    @vivify said
    It all depends on how you arrived at your conclusion: was it because you thought about it logically or was it because you were raised to believe in ancient, fundamentalist beliefs?

Yes, all judgements are shaped by personal experiences. But as long as we keep striving for objectivity, being aware of our biases and continually making efforts to overcome them, that's all I c ...[text shortened]... ianne is closer to this goal, given her rejection of fundamentalist right-wing beliefs, than Eladar.
    Nice try, but as you've ascertained, this well, known herein as "FMF", is dry.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 17:33
    @suzianne said
    Why do you care what other people do, and why is it any of your business?
    Still no answer to these questions, as they were paved over by someone more concerned with attacking me than arriving at, or recognizing, truth.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 18:451 edit
    @suzianne said
    You, of ALL people, should not be questioning my motives. They are not to be gleaned from the thin slice of a glimpse into my character as you so often love to attempt.
    Doctor heal thyself.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 18:46
    I have heard there are some women named Kevin, but that's not very common.

I am a guy.
  10. Joined
    08 Sep '20
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 19:41
    @ogb said
    are there players on this website who have female names but are really guys ??
    Why, do you have a blind date? 😂
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 20:04
    @suzianne said
    Claiming the "high" ground due to "argumentum ad populum vox" is never a good strategy.
    What you are replying to is not an example of argumentum ad populum. And I'm not "claiming the high ground".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 20:10
    @suzianne said
    I have read tens of thousands of your posts. That's more than a "glimpse". You have been questioning my motives and commenting on my character for ten years - based on my posts, presumably.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 14:021 edit
    @ogb said
    are there players on this website who have female names but are really guys ??
    There are close to a hundred players whose RHP names begin with 'Robin'. I'll guess that the three Robin Hoods are all guys. Whatabout all the others? Is 'Robin' always clear as to gender? Does it matter if it's not clear?
  14. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 14:23
    @moonbus said
    There are close to a hundred players whose RHP names begin with 'Robin'. I'll guess that the three Robin Hoods are all guys. Whatabout all the others? Is 'Robin' always clear as to gender? Does it matter if it's not clear?
    Some might be birds.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 14:59
    @the-gravedigger said
    Some might be birds.
    If at least one of them does not play Bird's Opening, I shall be cross.

PS Got a new avatar, I see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree