predictions for 2016

predictions for 2016

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Standard of Civility"

Wait... what?
Grampy Bobby led the way in 2015 with stuff about psychotic jealousy, the stinking vomit of posters he didn't like, premeditated liars (people who disagreed with him about suicide), jungle savagery, comments about people's dead relatives, and about their ability to be spouses and raise children, about their mental illnesses, etc. those "Standard of Civility", presumably. 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Grampy Bobby led the way in 2015 with stuff about psychotic jealousy, the stinking vomit of posters he didn't like, premeditated liars (people who disagreed with him about suicide), jungle savagery, comments about people's dead relatives, and about their ability to be spouses and raise children, about their mental illnesses, etc. [b]those "Standard of Civility", presumably. 😉[/b]
And your best reaction is to pick up a pitchfork and a torch and go after him incessantly?

Do you always react so awkwardly overboard to offenses you imagine people are making? Or just to people who dare to disagree with you?

F

Moves
07 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
And your best reaction is to pick up a pitchfork and a torch and go after him incessantly?

Do you always react so awkwardly overboard to offenses you imagine people are making? Or just to people who dare to disagree with you?
Well, I am simply reacting to Grampy Bobby's hypocrisy regarding supposed "Standards of Civility". While there are others here who sometimes utter invective just as ugly as Grampy Bobby's, they don't also browbeat the forum over and over again on the topic of "civility". Thus, they cannot be accused of hypocrisy. I wonder if you see yourself as wielding "a pitchfork and a torch" when you tackle me for pointing out Grampy Bobby's chronic and unrelenting hypocrisy on this particular issue.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 May 16

Wow. Nobody predicted Trump to win the Nomination...

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 May 16

Also nobody took a stab at the European Football Championship

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
28 May 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
Wow. Nobody predicted Trump to win the Nomination...
I predict Trump will win the presidential election in a landslide victory.

I also predict that a small number of people will flee the U.S. by crossing the Canadian border. This actually happened after Reagan won running against Jimmy Carter, but most of them eventually came back.

F

Moves
28 May 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
Also nobody took a stab at the European Football Championship
Germany to win. Belgium runners up. England out in the semi-finals.

p

Moves
28 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Germany to win. Belgium runners up. England out in the semi-finals.
Do you really think England will get as far as the semi-finals ?
That will restore my faith in miracles .

p

Moves
28 May 16

Originally posted by Startreader
North of the English Channel, south of John O'Groats, east of Lands End and west of Aldeburgh.
Cockermouth ?

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
28 May 16

Real Madrid to defeat Atletico Madrid in the Champions' League Final?

F

Moves
28 May 16

Originally posted by phil3000
Do you really think England will get as far as the semi-finals ?
Yes. They will lose on penalties to Germany.

Belgium to beat Portugal 1-0 in the other semi-final.

I'm on a roll.

Losing quarter-finalists: Spain, Turkey, France and Italy.

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
29 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by ptobler
Woohoo! One right at least! (Although my prediction for Hilary Clinton to win the Democratic nomination is still looking the certainty it appeared at the start of the year...)

F

Moves
29 May 16

Originally posted by ptobler
I predict it will be a close run thing with a late equalizer followed by a penalty shoot out. And, yes, Real to pip Atletico at the post.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 May 16

Originally posted by lemon lime
I predict Trump will win the presidential election in a landslide victory.

I also predict that a small number of people will flee the U.S. by crossing the Canadian border. This actually happened after Reagan won running against Jimmy Carter, but most of them eventually came back.
There is this problem for Drump: his unapproval rating is higher than his approval rating, not a good thing if you are after the presidency.

It would be a disaster on many levels if he actually got the presidency. He knows zero about foreign diplomacy, and is a reactor rather than professional in dealing with people.

Personally I think he is a sociopath, most big time players are.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 May 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
There is this problem for Drump: his unapproval rating is higher than his approval rating, not a good thing if you are after the presidency.

It would be a disaster on many levels if he actually got the presidency. He knows zero about foreign diplomacy, and is a reactor rather than professional in dealing with people.

Personally I think he is a sociopath, most big time players are.
Factors that work in Trumps favor:

* Two terms of a Democrat presidency. The last time I remember a party holding on to the white house for more than 8 years was Reagan followed by Bush.

* Hillarys personal problems (Bill) and professional reputation, i.e. personal server and Benghazi, to name only two.

* There are a few other factors I could list, but maybe later. I couldn't help noticing how all of your negatves about Trump describe Hillary as well. A lot will be said about both candidates before the November election. But like I said a few weeks ago at the debate forum, I'll let you know what I think of him after (not before) his first year in office.