predictions for 2016

predictions for 2016

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Dec 15

I am well Aware there was a thread in summer, but now would be the time for a new round.

In fact I am tempted to offer a prize for the Person predicting most efficiently. The prize will be a RHP Coffee mug delivered to the winner.

Rules:
At least two predictions.
The Person with the highest percentage of hits with non-trivial PRE-dictions wins.
The actual number of succesful predictions will be deciding at same percentage.

F

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by Ponderable
I am well Aware there was a thread in summer, but now would be the time for a new round.

In fact I am tempted to offer a prize for the Person predicting most efficiently. The prize will be a RHP Coffee mug delivered to the winner.

Rules:
The Person with the highest percentage of hits with non-trivial PRE-dictions wins.
Chelsea will get promoted back into the Premiership.

Leicester will win the Premiership for a second time.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Chelsea will get promoted back into the Premiership.

Leicester will win the Premiership for a second time.
Someone will die.

Someone else will be saved after a disaster.

We will launch huge rocketships into space. I see that clearlyπŸ™‚

After decades of searching, Bigfoot will yet again not be found.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Someone will die.

Someone else will be saved after a disaster.

We will launch huge rocketships into space. I see that clearlyπŸ™‚

After decades of searching, Bigfoot will yet again not be found.
The first two of those are evidently trivial.

For the third you should define "huge" as well as "rocketship". The Progress capsule could be seen as huge (ca. 7t as compared to a Standard human with about 0.07t) and as a rocketship (A ship riding on a rocket). But the laucnch of a Progress would hardly count as non-trvial prediction, since some are planned already).

The last is again a trivial prediction.

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Dec 15

Hilary Clinton will be elected president.

Former President Jimmy Carter will die.

Hyperbole Happy

Moves
18 Dec 15

Seti will announce detection of a hydrogen line signal of non-terrestrial origin and continuous broadcast. An alien radio industry will spring up to tune the space music and Alien Modems Handshaking will top the pop charts.

The Frog DNA Potato Flu will reach epidemic level. Initial symptoms of victim's mild skin changes will later fill the spectrum of permanent skin and flesh color alteration. With no cure in sight PfPWAG or People For Potatoes Were Always Green spokesman John Smith advises, "Potatoes were always green."

Moves
18 Dec 15
2 edits

Rules:
1) Despite the drama "memo" thread and possibly dropping his sub, Grampy Bobby won't leave RHP and will continue to spam the forums and be his usual attention-seeking opinion-dividing pompousness.

2) Landiqueen170 will be discovered to be a cross-dressing gender-switch male hairdresser from Luton.

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
1) Despite the drama "memo" thread and possibly dropping his sub, Grampy Bobby won't leave RHP and will continue to spam the forums and be a his usual attention-seeking opinion-dividing pompousness.

2) Landiqueen170 will be discovered to be a cross-dressing gender-switch male hairdresser from Luton.
GBS will become a subscriber.

Damn, I knew I should have waited.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
GBS will become a subscriber.

Damn, I knew I should have waited.
No Problem there...an Action your own power will be counted as a trivial prediction if not sensational off the expected behaviour πŸ˜‰

Moves
18 Dec 15

No Problem there...an Action your own power will be counted as a trivial prediction if not sensational off the expected behaviour πŸ˜‰
Are you saying I am predictable?πŸ™„πŸ˜›πŸ˜€

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Dec 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Are you saying I am predictable?πŸ™„πŸ˜›πŸ˜€
No.

I say that I have an expectation about you.

In this case you have been a subscriber for some time, and you have been here without subscription, so neither of the Options is out of the "expectation space" for you.

But if you would predict that you would be a vegan antialcoholic at the end of 2016. It was still in your power but would deviate quite a bit from what I expect from you. πŸ™‚

And for the record: No offence meant.

Moves
18 Dec 15

No.

I say that I have an expectation about you.

In this case you have been a subscriber for some time, and you have been here without subscription, so neither of the Options is out of the "expectation space" for you.

But if you would predict that you would be a vegan antialcoholic at the end of 2016. It was still in your power but would deviate quite a bit from what I expect from you. πŸ™‚

And for the record: No offence meant.
For the record...none taken.πŸ˜‰

Über-Nerd

Moves
18 Dec 15

Ah, you mean something along the lines of Seitse predicting that he will become, er, uhh, you know, not like he usually is around here. Sort of Coquettish, let's say.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Dec 15
1 edit

1) some evangelical yahoo will claim in 2016 that Jesus is coming back in 2016.

2) but he won't.

3) but they'll do the same in 2017.

4) and this will continue as a loop for many iterations.

Moves
18 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
1) some evangelical yahoo will claim in 2016 that Jesus is coming back in 2016.

2) but he won't.

3) but they'll do the same in 2017.

4) and this will continue as a loop for many iterations.
Where'd he go? Was he traded to the Yankees?