PMs from Grampy Bobby

PMs from Grampy Bobby

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
When all it takes is to use the ignore function, you seem to be just looking to instigate, IMHO.
I asked him politely not to PM me, in part, because he himself has boasted that he has never used the ignore function. One would have thought, bearing this in mind, that he would have stopped sending PMs when requested to do so, rather than suggesting instead that I use the ignore function.

P

Moves
28 Dec 12

Geez, you guys need to get a life!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
I asked him politely not to PM me, in part, because he himself has boasted that he has never used the ignore function. One would have thought, bearing this in mind, that he would have stopped sending PMs when requested to do so, rather than suggesting instead that I use the ignore function.
BS-O-Meter
..................................................l.

NOTE: It is getting longer! 😛

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by Phranny
Geez, you guys need to get a life!
If you had one, you wouldn't be in here telling us to get one! 😛

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well, "others" have described having similar problems and some have made suggestions or told me how they have handled it. As for your take on it, I do "get it".
i think the solution is evident

Grampy Bobby should PM you hourly with assurances that you will not be receiving unsolicited PMs and that only if you request one or more PMs, and then, certainly, only for specifically defined and appropriately cited purposes would you receive a PM from him; however, he should also specify, possibly in alternate PMs, most propitiously sent, presumably, on the 30 minutes past the hour mark, that you would not be receiving PMs from a surrogate either; last, and this one might be doubful, but, it seems best that Gampy Bobby send you hourly PMs providing assurances that he has not sent you any unsolicited PMs.

oh wait, one more PM must be sent, and that would be one that details the appropriate modality for appealing any perceived transgressions.

yes, that should do it fine.

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by coquette
i think the solution is evident

Grampy Bobby should PM you hourly with assurances that you will not be receiving unsolicited PMs and that only if you request one or more PMs, and then, certainly, only for specifically defined and appropriately cited purposes would you receive a PM from him; however, he should also specify, possibly in alternate PMs, most ...[text shortened]... appropriate modality for appealing any perceived transgressions.

yes, that should do it fine.
The PMs have stopped. My question was about whether others had experienced something similar.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
The PMs have stopped. My question was about whether others had experienced something similar.
I have, some googly eyed guy keeps whining about the sending of PMs.

F

Moves
28 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
This thread is about whether there were any posters who had experienced something similar. It seems there are those who have.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
diffusion might be the solution

we could all, for the sake of community service,

send FMF a PM to let him know that we will not be sending him any PMs under any circumstances

that should put his mind at ease

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

diffusion might be the solution

we could all, for the sake of community service,

send FMF a PM to let him know that we will not be sending him any PMs under any circumstances

that should put his mind at ease
Have you had any problems like the one described in the OP?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
OP?

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

OP?
Opening post (of this thread).

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
Opening post (of this thread).
i use the ignore option for that purpose

Grampy Bobby has not sent me unwanted, unwelcome or unsolicited PMs, nor have i had the occasion or impulse to request that he refrain from sending any PMs

however, i do have a fairly extensive ignore list

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

i use the ignore option for that purpose

Grampy Bobby has not sent me unwanted, unwelcome or unsolicited PMs, nor have i had the occasion or impulse to request that he refrain from sending any PMs

however, i do have a fairly extensive ignore list
Rather like Grampy Bobby, I do not like to use the ignore function. I would have thought a simple request not to send PMs would suffice. He's stopped now anyway, so it was either the repeated requests that achieved that, or it may have been me asking others if polite requests had worked for them in the past.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
28 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I've never really had any bad experiences with messages at this site that I remember. Not all my correspondences were pleasant. But I've never felt disrespected, treated unfairly or insulted by anyone at this site.