1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 01:40
    Despite a couple of polite requests not to PM me, Grampy Bobby does so anyway. Anyone else on this forum had this problem in the past?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 01:54
    Yes, but using my ignore list fixed the problem.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 01:58
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Yes, but using my ignore list fixed the problem.
    So polite requests didn't work for you?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Despite a couple of polite requests not to PM me, Grampy Bobby does so anyway. Anyone else on this forum had this problem in the past?
    Purpose was to apologize for another member's thoughtless reply to your post to my thread in another forum. For the moment I had forgotten about your previous request. Then, acknowledged and apologized to you in my pm reply. As Kewpie mentioned, Russ has provided the Ignore Feature for the benefit of all RHP Members. Unclear to me what motivated you to ratchet up and disclose our private conversation publically (on Christmas Day). Let's man-up. Let's move on. Thank you.
    -
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Purpose was to apologize for another member's thoughtless reply to your post to my thread in another forum. For the moment I had forgotten about your previous request. Then, acknowledged and apologized to you in my pm reply. As Kewpie mentioned, Russ has provided the Ignore Feature for the benefit of all RHP Members. Unclear to me what motivated you to ...[text shortened]... rivate conversation publically (on Christmas Day). Let's man-up. Let's move on. Thank you.
    -
    The only "private conversation" we have had is me asking you not to PM me. No more PMs please. I am asking politely.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:431 edit
    And now I see I've received yet another PM from Grampy Bobby despite the requests. Is this common between him and other General Forum posters?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    And now I see I've received yet another PM from Grampy Bobby despite the requests. Is this common with general Forum posters?
    "Then, acknowledged and apologized to you in my pm."

Already referenced above in my factual reply. You appear to be agitating to draw attention to a minor item. Let it go, please.
    -
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:51
    "Then, acknowledged and apologized to you in my pm."

Already referenced above in my factual reply. You appear to be agitating to draw attention to a minor item. Let it go, please.
    -
    There's no need to send me any PMs. I've asked you not to. So please stop. Thanks.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    There's no need to send me any PMs. I've asked you not to. So please stop. Thanks.
    Message received and understood. Reflect the stated wish underlying your own words by avoiding further contact here.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 02:57
    I had to start a thread about it to get him to stop. Have simple polite requests worked for anyone else?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 03:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I had to start a thread about it to get him to stop. Have simple polite requests worked for anyone else?
    Please. You well know I replied to your pm with "/// ok" on the topic line,

with no additional text within before even noticing your thread. Let it go.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 03:10

My question is addressed to other posters here on the General Forum.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 03:201 edit

Triple-slash ok? Not much of an apology, Bobby. You can do better than that.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 03:57
    When are you guys going to learn to play nice in the sand box? 😛 😉
  15. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Dec '12 04:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    if i remember correctly, after two or three exchanges between us, i made a similar request...
    i quickly learned that if i check the "email me a copy" link, and then delete without opening the pm (this works for anyone who is a dick), the offensive letter writer never sees the "message read" link, and, you get a chance at home to peruse the letter writer's dickishness...

it's worked for me...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree