Pets

Pets

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
33d

Family animals are so much part of us. Horrible when they pass away.

A beloved family dog, only two years old, died suddenly last night in its owners arms. He was a lovely little dog.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
33d

@divegeester said

A beloved family dog, only two years old, died suddenly last night in its owners arms. He was a lovely little dog.
Oh that’s so sad 😢 I’ve never suddenly lost a young pet but have grieved a few. After we had to say goodbye to our 11 year old rabbit Rocky I swore I’d never put myself through it all again … then what did I do but get another rescue dog during lockdown.

Moves
33d
1 edit

@drewnogal said
Oh that’s so sad 😢 I’ve never suddenly lost a young pet but have grieved a few. After we had to say goodbye to our 11 year old rabbit Rocky I swore I’d never put myself through it all again … then what did I do but get another rescue dog during lockdown.
The owners, my in-laws who we are very close to, are devastated. This was the couple who came on the Brecon canal holiday with us last summer. We love their two dogs; my wife is very upset also because it’s her sister who is grieving.

Although we don’t have pets we see so much of these two and their dogs that you can’t help getting attached to them. It really is like a death in the family.

Moves
33d

@divegeester said

What kind of person are you to thumb this post down.

Jeez.

Moves
33d

@drewnogal said
What type of dog is it you rescued?

Moves
33d

@divegeester said

Jeez.
A cat lover?

Moves
33d

@fartacus said
A cat lover?
Cat lovers aren’t small-minded pricks.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
33d
1 edit

@divegeester said

Jeez.
Just so you know it wasn't me who gave you either of the red thumbs. I'd never give it for an animal passing. Now a person would be a whole different ball game so to speak. Depending who it was would be big, if it was you probably I may give a green thumb. 🙂 It would depend on my mood and whether I had my morning coffee yet. 🙂

-VR

Moves
33d

@very-rusty said
Just so you know it wasn't me who gave you either of the red thumbs. I'd never give it for an animal passing. Now a person would be a whole different ball game so to speak. Depending who it was would be big, if it was you probably I may give a green thumb.
Your bitterness and hate is noted.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
33d

@divegeester said
Your bitterness and hate is noted.
Not bitterness or hate as I don't even know you only your persona which more than me doesn't like very much. You are not worth being bitter about or to hate for that matter. Neither of those words would be accurate. Now if you said nemesis I would have went along with that one. 😛 🙂

-VR

Moves
33d

@very-rusty said
Not bitterness or hate as I don't even know you only your persona which more than me doesn't like very much. You are not worth being bitter about or to hate for that matter.
So you’d “thumb up” my death because??

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
33d

@divegeester said
So you’d “thumb up” my death because??
It would all depend on my mood of course, there is no love lost between us is there! 🙂

-VR

Moves
33d

@very-rusty said
It would all depend on my mood of course
The reason for you thumbing up my death would depend on your mood. I see.

What portfolio of reasons for thumbing up someone’s death would you be choosing from?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
33d

@divegeester said
The reason for you thumbing up my death would depend on your mood. I see.

What portfolio of reasons for thumbing up someone’s death would you be choosing from?
This may come as big surprise to you but you make more bad friends than good ones.

I had assumed from what you've said previously thumbs didn't matter to you???

Have you reversed your mind on this?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
33d

@divegeester said

The death of a pet so young is horrible.

When they're old, you kind of expect it to be soon-ish, plus you have memories of your time with them.

I've had a lot of older rescue dogs, and it hurt to say goodbye to all of them.

But a two-year-old is in the prime of life, you expect to have them and enjoy them for quite a while at least. Very sad.