Path of Totality

Path of Totality

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
39d

it's getting dark outside
heck,
it's getting dark inside, too

gonna pull an icarus and head on up to view the thingie

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
39d
1 edit

@divegeester said
The was a wonderful exchange between VR and someone a while ago about which of them would win in a fight with a tiger.

Edit: might have been a lion.
Brain Damage gooster?....I recall no such thing!!! πŸ˜›

I did however wrestle with baby cub bears when mama wasn't around. πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
39d

From the Valley of the Sun we are having a clear sky to see the eclipse, but it's not a total one. Has anyone looked at the shadows of tree leaves while the sun is being eclipsed? The half-moon shaped shadows are neat to look at. Too bad we can't link our photos here, otherwise I would post photos of the leaves shadows being cast on the ground by my ficus and lemon trees.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
39d

@pettytalk said
From the Valley of the Sun we are having a clear sky to see the eclipse, but it's not a total one. Has anyone looked at the shadows of tree leaves while the sun is being eclipsed? The half-moon shaped shadows are neat to look at. Too bad we can't link our photos here, otherwise I would post photos of the leaves shadows being cast on the ground by my ficus and lemon trees.
Amidst the hush of cosmic alignment, where sun and moon entwine, the tree leaves become oracle dancers. Their shadows, once mere whispers, now weave celestial secrets upon the earth. The lemon trees whisper their cosmic longing.

Will this do?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
39d

@pettytalk said
Where I am the coverage got to 64.4%.

And it's not the shadows, but the gaps between the leaves acting as tiny pinhole cameras showing the shape of the sun, reduced to a crescent as the moon passes in front.

Eclipse perfectly seen through those ISO 12312-2 glasses. Over half coverage, the most I've seen in the time I've been in Phoenix.

Moves
38d
1 edit

So on the second attempt, because I went to the spot a week earlier. Pointed out by @suzianne πŸ™„

It was complete cloud cover and nobody was interested. I looked up and the clouds parted and I started yelling "there it is! there it is!"

It was the moment the moon was dead center of the sun and everyone looked and started taking pics.
I got a good pic but cellphones aren't the best for taking pics of something like that.

The entire region was covered with clouds and our little area, that about 15 people chose, got to see the clouds part long enough to see the best part.

The crazy part is two hours later you can't see a cloud anywhere πŸ˜„

The area where people paid a lot of money for motels and good spots didn't receive such a gift. 🀣

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
38d
1 edit

We didn't get total darkness like back in 1979, but it did get quite dark for several minutes. Luckily we had clear skies, which some didn't get. Best view was in New Brunswick and Cape Breton.

-VR

Moves
38d

@very-rusty said
We didn't get total darkness like back in 1979, but it did get quite dark for several minutes. Luckily we had clear skies, which some didn't get. Best view was in New Brunswick and Cape Breton.

-VR
I'm over by Buffalo NY and it was massive cloud cover. They said an estimated 2 million visitors in the area and I'll be checking the internet later to read their posts about how they spent so much money to visit here and saw nothing 🀣

Madison Square Garde

Moves
38d

@rookie54 said
https://www.axios.com/2024/04/05/airbnb-bookings-eclipse-april-8-map

the link is to a map of airbnb and vrbo listings ahead of the eclipse
so many americans who travel to gaze at the sun and complain about how much it costs to do so
lol

and,
i am doing my small part to be as eclipse outrageous and disgusting as possible

i dropped a deuce today in the perfect shape of the path of totality
i took pictures, too
HAHAHA

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
38d

Has Marjory Taylor Greene calmed down now it’s all over?

Moves
38d

@divegeester said
Has Marjory Taylor Greene calmed down now it’s all over?
Who?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
38d

@fartacus said
Who?
Bonkers gobby right-winger, you know, she’s the one hoping to sit on Trump’s lap in the Oval Office in December. Got upset with David Cameron a few months ago. Thinks America needs to repent to Jesus for electing Biden and the eclipse is a sign from God.

Moves
38d

@divegeester said
Bonkers gobby right-winger, you know, she’s the one hoping to sit on Trump’s lap in the Oval Office in December. Got upset with David Cameron a few months ago. Thinks America needs to repent to Jesus for electing Biden and the eclipse is a sign from God.
I've heard worse from radicals in other religions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
38d

@pettytalk said
@sonhouse has; but you knew that didn’t you πŸ˜‰

Moves
38d

@suzianne said
Where I am the coverage got to 64.4%.

And it's not the shadows, but the gaps between the leaves acting as tiny pinhole cameras showing the shape of the sun, reduced to a crescent as the moon passes in front.

Eclipse perfectly seen through those ISO 12312-2 glasses. Over half coverage, the most I've seen in the time I've been in Phoenix.
I'm in the East valley, and the same %, I assume.

Yes, I know about the leaves and pin holes. At the time I took the photos of the shadows the eclipse was about 50% (half-moon shape). Without eye protection we are told that we can use a colander to view the eclipse indirectly.

I used, believe it or not, a Home Depot, throwaway, black plastic liner for a paint roller tray. I had a couple leftovers and unused. I only looked at the eclipse four times, and at 5 seconds intervals, at most. I hope I did not damage my sight. A neighbor had a pair of eclipse glasses, and comparing it to the liner, had what appeared to be the same blocking intensity. I did not check if the glasses were the ISO approved kind. Still, not prudent on my part on either. Or should I be blunt with myself, and say that it was a stupid thing do?