One thing you would do differently

One thing you would do differently

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
113d

@a-unique-nickname said
I think it's a hamster.
Gerbil...

We are feeding it inferior cheese.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
113d

@divegeester said
@Suzianne I see you have once again rocked up in an upset mood after your shift at the post office and decided to spend most of your posts bothering with me again πŸ™‚
Whatever.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
113d

@suzianne said
Whatever.
Suzianne,
I believe the Geester has a bad crush on you! πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
113d

@very-rusty said
Suzianne,

-VR
Whatever.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
113d

@very-rusty said
Suzianne,

-VR
If he does, he's enunciating it about as poorly as Tony Maggio did in third grade.

Tony sat behind me and entertained himself by pulling on my braids.

F

Moves
113d

@suzianne said
If he does, he's enunciating it about as poorly as Tony Maggio did in third grade.

Tony sat behind me and entertained himself by pulling on my braids.
Yours is an odd brand of feminism.

Suggesting that the reason a man disagrees with you - or is in conflict with you - is merely that he has some sort of sexual interest in you... isn't that just taking a rather shabby leaf from the humdrum misogynistic objectifying-of-women playbook?

Why can't the reason a man disagrees with you be that there is something of substance that you, as a woman, represent ~ and something of substance that you have to say? Why the trivializing sexual/romantic angle?

I am surprised that you go along with this rather demeaning banter where you are being cast as a sexual object and your sexual allure is the only reason that someone would engage negatively with what you say.

As I say, yours is an odd ~ dare I say, even superficial? ~ brand of online feminism.

Moves
112d

@fmf said
Yours is an odd brand of feminism.

Suggesting that the reason a man disagrees with you - or is in conflict with you - is merely that he has some sort of sexual interest in you... isn't that just taking a rather shabby leaf from the humdrum misogynistic objectifying-of-women playbook?

Why can't the reason a man disagrees with you be that there is something of substance tha ...[text shortened]... t you say.

As I say, yours is an odd ~ dare I say, even superficial? ~ brand of online feminism.
Her post started, " 'IF' he does..."

Did you miss the 'IF' or was it just inconvenient for your argument?

F

Moves
112d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Her post started, " 'IF' he does..."

Did you miss the 'IF' or was it just inconvenient for your argument?
I think what I have said about Suzianne's peculiar attitude to Very Rusty's banter on this occasion - and at least two previous occasions - is valid.

Moves
112d

He is well aware of 'ifs,' but he decides when to ignore them. Occasionally, he uses an 'if' statement and then unilaterally makes it disappear. In other words, he uses it correctly at first as a proposition, but in the next sentence he disregards it by affirming it with an "is" within the sentence.

F

Moves
112d

@pettytalk said
He is well aware of 'ifs,' but he decides when to ignore them. Occasionally, he uses an 'if' statement and then unilaterally makes it disappear. In other words, he uses it correctly at first as a proposition, but in the next sentence he disregards it by affirming it with an "is" within the sentence.
Very Rusty has been riffing in this particular way... a kind of vaguely misogynistic femme fatale riff... repeatedly over quite a long period of time. I find it curious that Suzianne goes along with it and doesn't just give it short shrift, no ifs or buts.

F

Moves
112d

I think daft speculation about divegeester's clashes with Suzianne being somehow connected to how sexually attractive she might be to him is a rather demeaning way of talking about her/to her. Surely the men who rush to her defence as if she were a damsel in distress think there's more substance to her than being a sexual object that causes sexual frustration?

Moves
112d

@fmf said

Suggesting that the reason a man disagrees with you - or is in conflict with you - is merely that he has some sort of sexual interest in you...
This wasn't her suggestion. Why the pretence that it was?

F

Moves
112d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This wasn't her suggestion. Why the pretence that it was?
It wasn't her suggestion, never said it was; it's what Very Rusty is insinuating. He's done it numerous times. I am baffled as to why she tolerates the rather demeaning whiff that there is coming from this riff.

Moves
112d

@fmf said
It wasn't her suggestion, never said it was
You directed your post at Suzianne and said, "Suggesting that the reason a man disagrees with you - or is in conflict with you - is merely that he has some sort of sexual interest in you..."

Did you write 'you' by mistake?!

F

Moves
112d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You directed your post at Suzianne and said, "Suggesting that the reason a man disagrees with you - or is in conflict with you - is merely that he has some sort of sexual interest in you..."

Did you write 'you' by mistake?!
No. "You" refers to Suzianne. It is Very Rusty who has repeatedly been suggesting that the reason divegeester disagrees with her [i.e. Suzianne, who I refer to as "you" when I address her] is merely that he has some sort of sexual interest in her. No mistake. What I said was very precise.