One thing you would do differently

One thing you would do differently

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
153d

As we approach the end of the year of our Lord 2023 AD and we look back on our whole lives, if you could change one thing or one decision you have made, what would it be?

northern utah

Moves
153d
4 edits

@divegeester
i would have stayed in the army.

i would have never gone to law school

i would have never bought the house in the oquirrah highlands.

i would never have sold my 51 chevy car, my 53 chevy truck or my 56 chevy belair

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
153d

@divegeester said
As we approach the end of the year of our Lord 2023 AD and we look back on our whole lives, if you could change one thing or one decision you have made, what would it be?
a new year's resolution from 1974

Gothenburg

Moves
153d

@divegeester said
If we change one thing, we would change a chain of consequences - too complicated.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
153d

@divegeester said
Buy tech stock back in the 80s.

F

Moves
153d

@divegeester said
I sometimes think about what an interesting life I might have had if I'd remained in the frontier town in Irian Jaya [later West Papua] after my three years there. It went from about 55,000 people in 1991 [when I lived there] to about 450,000 in 2017 [when I last visited it]. It would have been interesting to witness and play a part in that growth. Sometimes I ponder it but it never rises to the status of regret.

Moves
153d

I should have swallowed the red pill.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
153d
1 edit

@torunn said
If we change one thing, we would change a chain of consequences - too complicated.
Yes, still, there could be an initial bad decision that sparked the chain of unforeseen consequences.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
153d

I wouldn't have run away from home with my boyfriend at the age of 16.

Gothenburg

Moves
153d
1 edit

@suzianne said
I wouldn't have run away from home with my boyfriend at the age of 16.
That's what I mean. If you hadn't, it would have changed your life and the lives of many others. Difficult to single out one particular occasion, one mistake leading to the next.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
153d
1 edit

@torunn said
That's what I mean. If you hadn't, it would have changed your life and the lives of many others.
And I would now be a different person because of that.

Better or worse? Who knows?

Bad experiences also teach us. The famous school of hard knocks.

I know I would probably not be on the trajectory I am on now.

Gothenburg

Moves
153d

@suzianne said
And I would now be a different person because of that.

Better or worse? Who knows?

Bad experiences also teach us. The famous school of hard knocks.
Who knows, but you did what you thought was right, I would guess.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
153d

@torunn said
Who knows, but you did what you thought was right, I would guess.
He was 25. I dropped out of school to run away with him. It was literally the worst decision I ever made.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
153d

What doesn't kill you makes you weaker.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
153d
1 edit

@divegeester

I would never, EVER have started smoking and drinking cider at 14!

I’d not have felt so low in mood, would have spent my lunch money on a school lunch and thus had the brain power to work a whole day at school instead of hanging around the park most afternoons smoking cigarettes with my other moody, truanting friends.