Obama Re-elected

Obama Re-elected

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by sumydid
Oh come on, Kewpie, are you the forum police or what. Let it go.
Let it go?

Like you're doing to an election that's over and done with? You're a great example I should follow?

Yeah, right.

The BOSS

in my own mind.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Let it go?

Like you're doing to an election that's over and done with? You're a great example I should follow?

Yeah, right.
ZING!

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
08 Nov 12

That's what the headline is on TV.

Welp, if that's correct, then I am dismayed. I can't understand why this country would vote in favor of another 4 years of out-of-control government growth and spending. We (again, assuming the headline is correct) are now headed full-speed into Greece X 100. There is no way our economy can withstand another 4 years o ...[text shortened]... madinejad and Vladmir Putin just popped the cork on a fine bottle of champagne. Well done.
Amen brother. People have no idea what they just voted for.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
08 Nov 12
1 edit

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Nov 12

And as was EASILY predictable, the stock market basically crashed in the wake of Obama's re-election. Business owners and investors realize it's going to be another 4 years of sheer agony. And, like they did the last 4 years, they are going to hold on to their billions and not dare to invest, as long as Obama is in power; and that's not out of spite, it's ...[text shortened]... of the American people has been heard! We want 4 more years of this stuff! It's awesome!
The middle class only wants a chance to get out from under the thumb of the rich. I only hope the rich get their asses taxed off now and forced to finally unclench and actually CREATE jobs, instead of TALKING about creating jobs.

Sheer agony for business owners? Really? With taxes the lowest they've EVER been? The gap between rich and poor isn't quite big enough for you people yet?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Amen brother. People have no idea what they just voted for.
Sure we do. It's finally time the rich paid their share. It's time for the hand-holding to finally end.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
09 Nov 12
4 edits

Originally posted by Busygirl
At this point, the debates forum is calling, but just to make one minor point before you are moved there, are you seriously sugesting that the republicans, who left office immediately before our current president was installed, gave him an easy ride?

Didn't they leave him with a war on two fronts in the middle east?
Didn't they leave him with a collaps s dealt, no matter which party s/he most closely identifies with. Don' t be such a cry baby.
No I'm not suggesting Bush gave Obama an easy ride. However, Obama needs to suck it up and take ownership for what he's done. Bush, though I agree with him on many other ideas, did much like what Obama is doing: Spent money we didn't have, misinformed the American public to push through his agenda, and showed no respect for the Constitution.

So before you resort to typical, last-resort name-calling, you could have at least heard my answer first. Instead you assumed.

Obama was dealt a bad hand. The bad thing is, he doesn't have the skills or instincts to be playing poker in the first place, and that's evidenced by the fact that he raised the stakes with such a bad hand. He took a desperate situation and made it much, much worse.

I don't know why this should be shoved off into the debate section. There's really nothing to debate.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
09 Nov 12
3 edits

Originally posted by Kewpie
Let it go?

Yeah, right.
There's a difference between stating the facts and lamenting a very current event; and policing other people and complaining about petty issues because you don't like what someone is saying.

I put this in the general forum for the very reason the general forum defines: "When you're not sure where to put the thread."

The only other forum that this possibly could have gone to is "debates," and I never intended this as a debate. I'm simply talking about a current event and stating some facts. It's telling that you would take the time to participate in the thread, only to say you want it moved. Which is the same thing you've done in numerous other threads where you ostensibly don't like the subject or the author. Now off you go then... make sure to send a PM to the powers that be and get this horrid thread moved! And please hurry, as it's apparently a matter of utmost importance.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Nov 12

Barry sux

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
09 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sure we do. It's finally time the rich paid their share. It's time for the hand-holding to finally end.
I wouldn't know, because I'm not wealthy. But, I wonder what the tax rate is for those horrible rich people. 45% or something I think... and, once you add in sales tax, gas tax, and all the other hidden taxes, it's probably about 60%. I guess that's not enough by your standards, but I have to ask. What do you think our founding fathers were running AWAY from?

Seriously, what you seem to suggest is, that you don't like the fact that someone else has more money than you, and you want that money taken from them and redistributed.

I have to ask... can you honestly say that the reason you have less money than [rich person X] is because of something they have done? All [rich person X] ever did, was pay what the government forces him/her to pay. Why is it [rich person X]'s fault that you have less money than him/her?

Why do you hold wealthy people in such contempt? What did they ever do to deserve your spiteful attitude toward them?

Do Liberals not understand that the American Dream is all about? Do Liberals really think that by demonizing and punishing wealthy people, it will spontaneously create a strong economy? What do Liberals think will happen to the Entrepreneurial spirit (which has always been the driving force for this country's success, since its inception), when any incentive to create wealth is taken away by enormous taxes and people wishing you dead because you succeed?

And lastly, where is all this ire and spite, when it comes to the mega-millionaires in Hollywood? Why is it that the wealthy Wall Street investor, or the wealthy business owner whose business was built on 80 hour work weeks and his own blood, sweat, and tears, why is it that these people are blamed and demonized, while the elitists in Hollywood are praised and adored?

"But the folks in Hollywood say they support higher taxes and say they really care about regular folks." Ok... then why aren't they overpaying their taxes (which they CAN do) by the millions, instead of paying no more than what they are forced to pay?

Talk about double standards..... sheesh.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Barry sux
Well said. No debating that.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Nov 12

Well said. No debating that.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549013_463478250357845_1856148130_n.jpg

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549013_463478250357845_1856148130_n.jpg
Yep, it's a good place to live. Enjoy!

The BOSS

in my own mind.

Moves
09 Nov 12

No I'm not suggesting Bush gave Obama an easy ride. However, Obama needs to suck it up and take ownership for what he's done. Bush, though I agree with him on many other ideas, did much like what Obama is doing: Spent money we didn't have, misinformed the American public to push through his agenda, and showed no respect for the Constitution.

So before ...[text shortened]... why this should be shoved off into the debate section. There's really nothing to debate.
I'm not making any assumptions at all. I am calling you a cry baby because that is what you are. You didn't get your way so you are lamenting and bemoaning your losses, and the losses of your children and your grandchildren and all future generations yet unborn because the country has now "literally shredded the constitution and the bible."

You are right, there is really nothing to debate here. You are just looking to stir up drama with unfounded exagerations, hyperboles and racist/sexist/homophobic generalizations. Carry on then.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
09 Nov 12

Originally posted by Busygirl
I'm not making any assumptions at all. I am calling you a cry baby because that is what you are. You didn't get your way so you are lamenting and bemoaning your losses, and the losses of your children and your grandchildren and all future generations yet unborn because the country has now "literally shredded the constitution and the bible."

You are right ...[text shortened]... ounded exagerations, hyperboles and racist/sexist/homophobic generalizations. Carry on then.
I suppose we have another four years of hand wringing and bewailing the loss of Babylon from the right wing bible biters, it's a bit disconcerting that their bile has oozed out from under the door of the Debates forum.