Nurture and Nature.

Nurture and Nature.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
141d
1 edit

@divegeester said
He’s gradually building up to tell us about either his 10 pints a night escapades, or maybe his never consumed alcohol in excess dichotomy of lies, the revelation of which caused his last explosion of rage and the inevitable banning from the site.
I drink to forget.The more I consume the more I love,and I think we could make Beautiful Music.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
141d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Badger was an enthusiastic eater of pickled eggs. David Burton has made clear that he doesn't care for them.

Conclusive evidence.
love eggs,but in a pickle I think not....do like beetroot M&S obviously

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
141d

@divegeester said
He’s gradually building up to tell us about either his 10 pints a night escapades, or maybe his never consumed alcohol in excess dichotomy of lies, the revelation of which caused his last explosion of rage and the inevitable banning from the site.
Only a matter of time. 😉 😛

Moves
141d

@david-burton said
love eggs,but in a pickle I think not....do like beetroot M&S obviously
Barbarian.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
141d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Barbarian.
I Know, I hated Beetroot as a child but my wife turned me over to the dark side.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
141d

@david-burton said
social drinker doug. 1 glass of Shiraz last night,cant remember the glass ever being empty,still counts as one glass though.
David Burton: Turd Vino Bad

Moves
141d

@david-burton said
I Know, I hated Beetroot as a child but my wife turned me over to the dark side.
Never play chess with a beetroot.

They're unbeetable.

Moves
141d

Where would we all be if not for the egg that hatched us all? I'm certain that many, if not all, of you here are egg lovers, and therefore must have heard of the 'Egg Theory.'

It's not too far-fetched to ask the age-old question that has never been answered satisfactorily. Although it may seem silly, it has serious implications, especially when it comes to the debate between nature and nurture. The question remains: What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Moves
141d

@david-burton said
I drink to forget.The more I consume the more I love,and I think we could make Beautiful Music.
Sounds like a song from Neil Diamond.....Red Red Wine. Shiraz is a red wine, is it not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
141d

@pettytalk said
Sounds like a song from Neil Diamond.....Red Red Wine. Shiraz is a red wine, is it not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLhLjPgFR_c
prefer the UB40 version

Moves
141d
1 edit

@david-burton said
prefer the UB40 version
Neil is the creator, and UB40's just renders an image of the creation. But rarely, musically speaking, and wine still the subject, Hendrick's rendition of Dylan's 'All Along The WatchTower' is a masterpiece in dedication to the Creator.

The nature of a master who nurtured the song to glory. Unfortunately the musical master could not master a bad and harmful habit. Probably he too was a victim of forgetfulness.

&list=RDTLV4_xaYynY&start_radio=1

Moves
141d

@pettytalk said
Where would we all be if not for the egg that hatched us all? I'm certain that many, if not all, of you here are egg lovers, and therefore must have heard of the 'Egg Theory.'

It's not too far-fetched to ask the age-old question that has never been answered satisfactorily. Although it may seem silly, it has serious implications, especially when it comes to the debate between nature and nurture. The question remains: What came first, the chicken or the egg?
The egg came long before the chicken sir. (Probably by millions of years).

Moves
141d

A chicken and egg sat together in bed, after a night of passionate love making. Puffing on a cigarette, the chicken said, "well, that answers that age old question."

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
141d

@pettytalk said
Neil is the creator, and UB40's just renders an image of the creation. But rarely, musically speaking, and wine still the subject, Hendrick's rendition of Dylan's 'All Along The WatchTower' is a masterpiece in dedication to the Creator.

The nature of a master who nurtured the song to glory. Unfortunately the musical master could not master a bad and harmful habit. Probab ...[text shortened]... im of forgetfulness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY&list=RDTLV4_xaYynY&start_radio=1
Hendrix’s

Filling in for Rusty while he takes his nap.

Moves
141d

@drewnogal said
Hendrix’s

Filling in for Rusty while he takes his nap.
OUCH!

Actually, the real family name is Hendrick, an old Belgian name. It later became phonetically written with the 'x', as slaves were not taught how to write back when they belonged to their high and mighty white owners, and simply placed an 'X' on the dotted line.

When I first heard the name back in the 60s, I bought the first album, 'Are You Experienced?' However, since my first language is written as it sounds, I often keep the sound in my mind and inadvertently revert to the first image formed in my mind. I should know how the last name is officially carried on, considering my extensive musical collection includes his discography.

Moreover, if you open the YouTube link, the name shown officially is Hendrix. Do you not understand that much about understanding me? If I can see it, so can anyone else seriously questioning others' spelling abilities.

Despite your attempts at humor, I appreciate your condolences for my loss of accuracy, and will move past the error being pointed out.

Furthermore, I don't mind stepping in for Rusty at any time and for anything else we humans are apt to stumble on. But I suppose you must be one of those super contestants who won the world's number one spelling contest?

Let me guess the winning word. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?

I hope you are getting all this, because I have taken the trouble to ensure you receive it, and understand more than 50%. Keep in mind that I understand, somewhat, that you are a friend of Rusty's. Perhaps you may also be my friend. Typically friends take the time and make an effort to correct errors. Because correcting errors correctly and at the opportune time is an act of friendship. Enemies rarely correct others for improvement. You do have improvement in mind?

A simple thanks from me will do, if you do not understand the long version.