Number of games

Number of games

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Feb 16
1 edit

I've just been reading a thread discussing game load here at RHP. One poster mentioned someone who has 1700 games on the go.

If that player took 15 seconds to move in each game, once per day, it would take about 7 hours. Every day.

And I thought us lot had no lives - posting in here most days!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I've just been reading a thread discussing game load here at RHP. One poster mentioned someone who has 1700 games on the go.

If that player took 15 seconds to move in each game, once per day, it would take about 7 hours. Every day.

And I thought us lot had no lives - posting in here most days!
Or it could be 30 seconds each move taking 14 hrs each day? Have you checked to see if they might be confined to a wheelchair and don't have anything else to do? Maybe they are retired?
I really don't know the person you are talking about or the situation, these are questions I would be asking before pointing any fingers??
Also they may not have to move in all 1700 games every day!!
Kind Regards,
As Always,
-VR

F

Moves
29 Feb 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Or it could be 30 seconds each move taking 14 hrs each day? Have you checked to see if they might be confined to a wheelchair and don't have anything else to do? Maybe they are retired?
I think divegeester's apparent vicious targetting of people with disabilities and his presumed callous disregard for - and attacks on - marginalized and vulnerable people generally (and, one assumes, those in countries where they are most likely already oppressed - ostensibly just for being who they are - by authoritarian regimes) is possibly an outrage.

Moves
01 Mar 16
1 edit

I really don't know the person you are talking about or the situation, these are questions I would be asking before pointing any fingers??
Kind Regards,
As Always,
-VR
I just PM'd the person and asked them if they were playing so many games because they were in a wheelchair or retired and they told me to go **** myself.

(Thanks for the advice!)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Mar 16

Kind Regards,
As Always,
-VR
!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Mar 16

I just PM'd the person and asked them if they were playing so many games because they were in a wheelchair or retired and they told me to go **** myself.

(Thanks for the advice!)
It may have been best to ask the question first before you put it out there.....Just saying!

Kind Regards,
-VR

The King of Board

Solar System

Moves
01 Mar 16

Kind Regards,
As Always,
-VR
that is true, if you have 1700 sim games, maybe you have to play each day only the urgent, maybe 300. ....

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
02 Mar 16

(Thanks for the advice!)
PM me anytime you feel the need to be told where to go

Moves
02 Mar 16
1 edit

It may have been best to ask the question first before you put it out there.....Just saying!

Kind Regards,
-VR
I know what you are saying. I'm saying that you are, for some reason, begin overly sensitive and humourless about a generalised comment regarding playing online chess for 7 hours or more a day.

F

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by lemondrop
PM me anytime you feel the need to be told where to go
He doesn't need to be told that.. He's already there ~ and has been for some time.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 16

I know what you are saying. I'm saying that you are, for some reason, begin overly sensitive and humourless about a generalised comment regarding playing online chess for 7 hours or more a day.
So now he's "overly sensitive" and "humorless" merely for disagreeing with you?

Disagreement is not a crime, even if it IS you he's disagreeing with. No, I get it, you disagree. Well, that's fine. We won't be calling you "overly sensitive" or even "humorless".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
I think divegeester's apparent vicious targetting of people with disabilities and his presumed callous disregard for - and attacks on - marginalized and vulnerable people generally (and, one assumes, those in countries where they are most likely already oppressed - ostensibly just for being who they are - by authoritarian regimes) is possibly an outrage.[ ...[text shortened]... y FMF[/i]
[b]He doesn't need to be told that.. He's already there ~ and has been for some time.
You really don't have to "distance" yourself from him. People won't believe it anyway.

It just seems like too much work "just for the lulz".

Infidel

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
I think divegeester's apparent vicious targetting of people with disabilities and his presumed callous disregard for - and attacks on - marginalized and vulnerable people generally (and, one assumes, those in countries where they are most likely already oppressed - ostensibly just for being who they are - by authoritarian regimes) is possibly an outrage.
Very Rusty meanwhile strongly insinuates that people in wheelchairs have no life.

Which is an appalling statement.

This be a Hot Topic.

Moves
02 Mar 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
So now he's "overly sensitive" and "humorless" merely for disagreeing with you?

Disagreement is not a crime, even if it IS you he's disagreeing with. No, I get it, you disagree. Well, that's fine. We won't be calling you "overly sensitive" or even "humorless".
Have you considered the phenomena of expressing disagreement without being over-sensitive or humourless?