1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:011 edit
    @trev33 said
    Was going to put this in debates, then I remembered debates is full of.... well, anyway.

Novak goes on trail today to try and be allowed to play in the Aussie open. Now, I’ve been a tennis fan for years and Novak has been the least popular of the top players since he reached the top. Why? Because he’s a prick.

How, I think the whole covid thing has gotten completely ridi ...[text shortened]... lay without causing a fuzz, get the damn vaccine or quarantine for 14 days, it’s not rocket science.
    He has a medical exception. Whether or not he’s a “prick” is irrelevant conjecture. Australian immigration are the pricks.

The judge got it bang on.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:02
    @chaney3 removed their quoted post
    Oh well let’s cut his balls off and drag him through the streets then.

Jeez.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:03
    @trev33 said
    He’s being kicked out of Aus, he claims he tested positive for covid a month or so ago so didn’t need the vaccine to enter the county and play in the Aussie open, But only Australians can enter that way so he’s taking them to court. A case he surely can’t win.
    He has won the case, and he has a medical exemption.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:04
    @eladar said
    Just quarantine him in a place where he can practice his tennis.

Of course Australia was unwilling to do it. They would rather be pricks.
    Finally I can agree with you on something.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:07
    @divegeester said
    He has a medical exception. Where or not he’s a “prick” is irrelevant conjecture. Australian immigration are the pricks.

The judge got it bang on.
    Bollocks. They said he had a positive pcr test on a day and the day after when he’s seen Photographed with a bunch of people.

It’s simply yet another example of people with money being able to do as they please.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:09
    @kewpie said
    Our rules have been in place for years and when he came last time he served his quarantine like everyone else but bitched about the accommodation, food, training facilities and everything else. Australians whose children living overseas and couldn't come home were somewhat irritated by all his tantrums at the time.

Since then he's refused to declare his vaccination status ...[text shortened]... l-nadal-novak-djokovic-australian-open-tennis-vaccinated

Let's see what happens in the courtroom.
    He declared his vaccination status to the border control officer.

He is under no compunction to discuss his medical situation with unauthorised people and quite rightly declined to respond to previous media enquiries.

The judge got it right. Your country’s immigration authorities are way too heavy handed and acted inappropriately.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:10
    @trev33 said
    Bollocks. They said he had a positive pcr test on a day and the day after when he’s seen Photographed with a bunch of people.
    That’s irrelevant to this to issue. Try clearing your head and looking at this objectively.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:14
    @divegeester said
    That’s irrelevant to this to issue. Try clearing your head and looking at this objectively.
    Usually when people have a positive pcr test they stay away from people the following day, considering that’s the reason for his entry I believe it’s far from irrelevant.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:161 edit
    @Eladar
    So in a country near overrun with covid, some dude comes in, an anti vaxxer saying SCREW YOU to getting the shots and now it is up to the courts to see if he should be run out of the country.

I had thought Novak was a good sportsman, he showed that on the court but being an anti vaxxer has to hurt his rep.

If he is kicked out of Australia, a gig he most likely would win, means if he is kicked out, he will lose hundreds of thousands maybe a million, don't know what first prize is but a LOT. Maybe he will rethink his stance if he loses a million bucks on the deal.

Don't think he really needs the money though, he clocks in at 220 million......
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:16
    @trev33 said
    Usually when people have a positive pcr test they stay away from people the following day, considering that’s the reason for his entry I believe it’s far from irrelevant.
    When you have money, you pretty much do as you please it appears. 🙂 Never mind if it affects anyone else.

-VR
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:19
    @Very-Rusty
    He won the right to play in the open but immigration is still mulling whether or not to expel him from Australia.

It IS their country and they make the rules there and if some celeb comes in with an attitude, he or she will get slapped down.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:22
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    So in a country near overrun with covid, some dude comes in, an anti vaxxer saying SCREW YOU to getting the shots and now it is up to the courts to see if he should be run out of the country.

I had thought Novak was a good sportsman, he showed that on the court but being an anti vaxxer has to hurt his rep.

If he is kicked out of Australia, a gig he most likel ...[text shortened]... cks on the deal.

Don't think he really needs the money though, he clocks in at 220 million......
    A million dollars he isn't even going to notice!

-VR
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:24
    @sonhouse said
    @Very-Rusty
    He won the right to play in the open but immigration is still mulling whether or not to expel him from Australia.

It IS their country and they make the rules there and if some celeb comes in with an attitude, he or she will get slapped down.
    That’s not true, he was able to play in the Aussie open, the court case was to see if he can enter Aus, he can and he’s playing. Complete joke.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:29
    @trev33 said
    That’s not true, he was able to play in the Aussie open, the court case was to see if he can enter Aus, he can and he’s playing. Complete joke.
    Agreed, the power of money and fame!

-VR
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '22 19:37
    @trev33 said
    It might be significant in its own right as a separate issue, but it is totally irrelevant as to wether he has a medical exception to permit him access to Australia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree