1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '22 14:541 edit
    @kewpie said
    First time I've ever watched 3 Grand Slam finals, and every one of them was a great spectacle. The whole crowd was screaming for Rafa who must have been feeding off the crowd energy, because he wasn't himself physically and struggled in the early part. Medvedev was a worthy opponent, just not quite there yet.
    The mighty do, eventually, fall. In the meantime, well done Rafa.👍
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '22 15:03
    @kewpie said
    First time I've ever watched 3 Grand Slam finals, and every one of them was a great spectacle. The whole crowd was screaming for Rafa who must have been feeding off the crowd energy, because he wasn't himself physically and struggled in the early part. Medvedev was a worthy opponent, just not quite there yet.
    I guess your other was the men’s mixed doubles? Didn’t see that but did watch the two finals of the singles, I’m sure on an Aussie perspective it was great yesterday but the neutral wanted a longer match.

Years also I watched Safin beat Federer and thought it was the best tennis match I’d seen, think today topped it. Amazing what Rafa has done.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jan '22 23:352 edits
    @trev33 said
    I guess your other was the men’s mixed doubles? Didn’t see that but did watch the two finals of the singles, I’m sure on an Aussie perspective it was great yesterday but the neutral wanted a longer match.

Years also I watched Safin beat Federer and thought it was the best tennis match I’d seen, think today topped it. Amazing what Rafa has done.
    I was a bit letdown when the women's game was decided by a tie-breaker instead of going to a third set. I wanted more.

The "Special Ks" have brought showmanship back to tennis with their doubles style. They're clearly having so much fun on the court that it doesn't seem to matter if they win or not. The show's the thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree