Notable death

Notable death

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Dec 22

@kewpie said
Who defines " notable"?
Answer: Each poster who acknowledges a death in a post. chaney3 is just being a contrarian.

c

Moves
08 Dec 22

@fmf said
Answer: Each poster who acknowledges a death in a post. chaney3 is just being a contrarian.
A dog is not a notable death.
Period!!!

F

Moves
08 Dec 22

@chaney3 said
Period!!!
What does your sense of what isn't "notable" matter to those who think something is notable? And how does your quibbling benefit the thread?

F

Moves
08 Dec 22

My grandmother-in-law [assuming that, technically speaking, there is such a thing], on my mother-in-law's side, passed away in her sleep a week ago at home at the age of 98 having picked up COVID when she was in hospital a few days before. She was buried immediately in the interest public cemetery by labourers organized by local government officials without any family in attendance. This has been the standard practice here since February 2020.

F

Moves
08 Dec 22

@fmf said
My grandmother-in-law [assuming that, technically speaking, there is such a thing], on my mother-in-law's side, passed away in her sleep a week ago at home at the age of 98 having picked up COVID when she was in hospital a few days before. She was buried immediately in the interest public cemetery by labourers organized by local government officials without any family in attendance. This has been the standard practice here since February 2020.
[1] Has this "buried immediately" without a funeral thing been standard practice elsewhere in the world? [2] Is there such a thing as a "grandmother-in-law"?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
08 Dec 22

@kewpie said
Who defines " notable"?
Personally, I'd say my list would be very much shorter than most people's here. I would not include a single media person or sports person or entertainment person. I absolutely wouldn't include anyone who was famous for being famous.

I would include Stephen Hawking, or Mahatma Gandhi, or Dag Hammarskjold. But the thread would have very few posts in it, so I guess we have to count the celebrities in.
As the founder of the thread I would deine "notable" as: noted and meaningful to someone.

So if people want to share personal relations that is fine with me.

Gothenburg

Moves
08 Dec 22

@ponderable said
As the founder of the thread I would deine "notable" as: noted and meaningful to someone.

People who will be remembered for notable or even extraordinary contributions.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Dec 22

@ponderable said

My Brother-In-law older than me passed on Christmas day last year at 75. He was well all his life, and when he got sick he went fast. Him and I knew each other since I was in my late teens 17. We never had a bad word all these years and helped each other out at different times during all those decades. He and my sister who also passed back in 2013 just before Christmas. They both loved Christmas and went all out. This time of the year gets me thinking of both of them. I still pick up the phone to call him after almost a year.

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
09 Dec 22

@chaney3 said
Period!!!
Lassie would be.

Moves
09 Dec 22

@moonbus said
Lassie would be.
What about Rin Tin Tin?😢

Moves
09 Dec 22
1 edit

Not quite a death, but I do feel sad for Celine Dion and her family.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Dec 22
1 edit

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Dec 22

@very-rusty said
My Brother-In-law older than me passed on Christmas day last year at 75. I still pick up the phone to call him after almost a year.
What do you talk about?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Dec 22

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Gooster, One must be 13 to be on here last I heard! 🙂

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Dec 22