1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 05:56
    The Dutch plan to introduce Chatter Checkouts in their supermarkets. How sweet is that πŸ™‚
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 06:26
    @drewnogal said
    The Dutch plan to introduce Chatter Checkouts in their supermarkets. How sweet is that πŸ™‚
    My local supermarket does that already. They're very good at keeping the line moving too.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 06:381 edit
    @kewpie said
    My local supermarket does that already. They're very good at keeping the line moving too.
    It’s a great idea. Supermarkets can sadly be the only place that some people ever get to have a bit of a chat with someone so a slowish lane is great for them.

Another thing is that some checkouts, Aldi being one, push you into putting your shopping into your trolley at such a speed it can make you feel stressed.
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 07:30
    @drewnogal said
    It’s a great idea. Supermarkets can sadly be the only place that some people ever get to have a bit of a chat with someone so a slowish lane is great for them.

Another thing is that some checkouts, Aldi being one, push you into putting your shopping into your trolley at such a speed it can make you feel stressed.
    I am in awe of the Aldi check out staff.
    Slow moving lines gets me spitting feathers.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 12:21
    @drewnogal said
    Although a very shy introvert I do, on occasion, say hi to the person in front of me at a checkout. Oh hang on I mean I say, “come on, get a move on, unlike you I have things needing done”.😲
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 12:35
    @great-big-stees said
    Although a very shy introvert I do, on occasion, say hi to the person in front of me at a checkout. Oh hang on I mean I say, “come on, get a move on, unlike you I have things needing done”.😲
    I speak to people in the queue, both to the tram, bus or market, to make waiting easier. Sometimes they speak back, sometimes not.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 18:27
    @torunn said
    I speak to people in the queue, both to the tram, bus or market, to make waiting easier. Sometimes they speak back, sometimes not.
    Same here, Torunn, but I do like the concept.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 18:39
    @drewnogal said
    Yes, their sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone. - Billy Joel 😏
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 18:52
    @mchill said
    Yes, their sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone. - Billy Joel 😏
    I always pour 2 glasses,

one for me
    and 1 for Ron

lateRon
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 19:20
    @mchill said
    they're
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 19:26
    @suzianne said
    they're
    Yawn
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 21:15
    @great-big-stees said
    I find that hard to believe, I bet you could talk the hind legs off a donkey.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 21:36
    @drewnogal said

Whatever happened to teenagers loading the bags for customers? It was a great part-time job for youths and so helpful, especially for elderly customers.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 21:37
    @drewnogal said
    I find that hard to believe, I bet you could talk the hind legs off a donkey.
    Cute British idiom. In America one would have said "talk the ears off a wooden Indian", but I suppose that's politically incorrect nowadays.
  15. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    20 Mar '24 21:44
    @moonbus said
    Whatever happened to teenagers loading the bags for customers? It was a great part-time job for youths and so helpful, especially for elderly customers.
    When they do it now but its for charity so you are expected to give them 5 bucks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree