Light is amazing ~ some factoids

Light is amazing ~ some factoids

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
46d

@david-burton said
sums you right up.flakey as
🀣

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d
1 edit

@moonbus said
No. And it would not matter if the void were full of light and you did or did not turn on your headlights. You would not see it. Nothing, no photon or other form of information, from the car 100 feet away could catch up to you and impact on your sense organs. Neither could you receive a radio message transmitted from the other car.

There is an elementary Denkfehler in thin ...[text shortened]... at c cannot send and receive back a reflection from the other vehicle travelling at the same speed.
Are you helping Educate the Gooster? πŸ™‚

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
46d
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Are you helping Educate the Gooster? πŸ™‚

-VR
For anyone who cares to listen:

Einstein's fundamental insight is this: the speed of light does not accumulate, unlike the speed of a bullet. For example, if a bullet exits the muzzle of a gun at 200 mph, and the gun is pointing forwards on a freight train moving at 100 mph, then the total speed of the bullet is 300 mph (minus some air friction, of course). Whereas, if you shine a torch off the front end of a freight train moving at 100 mph, the speed of the light beam is not 100 mph plus c. It is c. Just c. The speed of the freight train does not influence the speed of light. Therefore, if the train is moving at the speed of light already, a light beam shone off the front end of the train will not exceed the speed of the train itself, it'll be 'stuck', as it were, on (or in) the light source itself.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d

@moonbus said

Einstein's fundamental insight is this: the speed of light does not accumulate, unlike the speed of a bullet. For example, if a bullet exits the muzzle of a gun at 200 mph, and the gun is pointing forwards on a freight train moving at 100 mph, then the total speed of the bullet is 300 mph (minus some air friction, of course). Whereas, if you ...[text shortened]... eed the speed of the train itself, it'll be 'stuck', as it were, on (or in) the light source itself.
I can't remember the last time I was so uninterested in a post.... πŸ˜› πŸ™‚

-VR

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
46d

@moonbus said

Einstein's fundamental insight is this: the speed of light does not accumulate, unlike the speed of a bullet. For example, if a bullet exits the muzzle of a gun at 200 mph, and the gun is pointing forwards on a freight train moving at 100 mph, then the total speed of the bullet is 300 mph (minus some air friction, of course). Whereas, if you ...[text shortened]... eed the speed of the train itself, it'll be 'stuck', as it were, on (or in) the light source itself.
BUT WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO IT IN TOTAL DARKNES WITH A SOLAR POWERED TORCH.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d

@david-burton said
BUT WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO IT IN TOTAL DARKNES WITH A SOLAR POWERED TORCH.
Now it is getting interesting. πŸ™‚

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
46d

@moonbus said

Speed of light doesn’t accumulate but a photon fired out of the back of a vehicle moving forward at the speed of light will still exit the rear of the vehicle at the speed of light. It won’t be stationary. Surely?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d

@divegeester said
Speed of light doesn’t accumulate but a photon fired out of the back of a vehicle moving forward at the speed of light will still exit the rear of the vehicle at the speed of light. It won’t be stationary. Surely?
I am going to have to strongly disagree with you of course. πŸ™‚

-VR

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
46d

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d
3 edits

@David-Burton

True, Hate to see a grown boy cry. πŸ™‚

Appears he alerted your post, he who never alerts posts. πŸ™‚

I didn't add you quote so even if it gets removed this should stay. πŸ™‚

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
46d

I haven’t alerted it downfall boy.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d
2 edits

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
46d

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
46d
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yea, I know it irks him if I disagree with him so I make it a point to do so. I wouldn't want to ruin his day by not disagreeing with him. πŸ™‚

He lives to argue, just love it! πŸ™‚ Just look in the Spirituality Forum. πŸ™‚

-VR

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
46d
2 edits