The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We are on the same page there no doubt about it! 🙂

-VR
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 20:07
    @divegeester said
    Speed of light doesn’t accumulate but a photon fired out of the back of a vehicle moving forward at the speed of light will still exit the rear of the vehicle at the speed of light. It won’t be stationary. Surely?
    Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Surely, in light of the argument, this amazing hypothetical scenario cannot be put to a real test. If we can get a vehicle to really travel at the speed of light, and another vehicle with an observer onboard, following closely behind the vehicle that will emit the light source from its rear, then perhaps it could be physically tested.

If our own Sun was moving in space at the speed of light, would its life-giving light rays be seen by anyone who was not moving at all?

YouTube
  3. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 20:39
    @divegeester said
    Speed of light doesn’t accumulate but a photon fired out of the back of a vehicle moving forward at the speed of light will still exit the rear of the vehicle at the speed of light. It won’t be stationary. Surely?
    Photons emitted from headlights on a spacecraft traveling at c are not stationary either. They only appear to be because both the vehicle and photons are traveling in the same direction at the same speed.

Two cars traveling in the same direction and speed will appear to be stationary to one another, and so it would be with the hypothetical spacecraft and forward traveling photons.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 20:451 edit
    @kilroy70 said
    Photons emitted from headlights on a spacecraft traveling at c are not stationary either. They only appear to be because both the vehicle and photons are traveling in the same direction at the same speed.

Two cars traveling in the same direction and speed will appear to be stationary to one another, and so it would be with the hypothetical spacecraft and forward traveling photons.
    Many distant galaxies are moving away from us at immense speeds, some approaching the speed of light. Imagine one moving away from us at 50% of c, would the light leaving it towards us be travelling towards us at only 50% c?
  5. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 21:13
    @divegeester said
    Many distant galaxies are moving away from us at immense speeds, some approaching the speed of light. Imagine one moving away from us at 50% of c, would the light leaving it towards us be travelling towards us at only 50% c?
    That would be a negative accumulation of speed, so no. Light speed is always c regardless of an observers (any observer) frame of reference.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 21:16
    @kilroy70 said
    That would be a negative accumulation of speed, so no. Light speed is always c regardless of an observers (any observer) frame of reference.
    Same principle with the two cars analogy.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 08:19
    @very-rusty said
    Yea, I know it irks him if I disagree with him so I make it a point to do so. I wouldn't want to ruin his day by not disagreeing with him. 🙂

He lives to argue, just love it! 🙂 Just look in the Spirituality Forum. 🙂

-VR
    This post is unavalable.
    see dive
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 11:59
    The Doppler effect:

The tendency for light waves appear blue-shifted when travelling toward you.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 12:00
    The Dopler effect:

The tendency for stupid ideas to appear smarter when coming at you faster.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 13:42
    @divegeester said
    The Dopler effect:

I believe you are the king of stupid ideas are you not? 🙂

-VR
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 15:49
    @divegeester said
    The Dopler effect:

Actually this was a typo; it’s called “the dopeler effect”.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 16:221 edit
    @divegeester said
    Actually this was a typo; it’s called “the dopeler effect”.
    😂

I'm stealing this.

Edit. Found this... It's hilarious.

https://www.michaelhartzell.com/blog/dopeler-effect-the-tendency-of-stupid-ideas-to-seem-smarter
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 17:50
    @bigdogg said
    😂

I'm stealing this.

https://www.michaelhartzell.com/blog/dopeler-effect-the-tendency-of-stupid-ideas-to-seem-smarter
    One of my faves to use at work 😄
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 17:521 edit
    @bigdogg said
    😂

I'm stealing this.

Also from the link you shared…

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you have accidentally walked through a spider web.

Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '24 17:54
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

OMG this is so appropriate for one or two retardo posters here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree