How old is too old to father a child?

How old is too old to father a child?

General

Moves
31 May 23

Al Pacino 82 fathers another child with girlfriend 29

https://news.sky.com/story/al-pacino-expecting-fourth-child-at-83-this-time-with-29-year-old-girlfriend-noor-alfallah-12893515

F

Moves
31 May 23

I think the plan should be to be around until the child is at least 18. So that should be taken into consideration. To that end, I'd say approximately 60 years of age ought to be the maximum.

But that's far from ideal. I think men should be parenting when they are younger and fitter and with a hope to see their offspring reach 40 or so and therefore meet their grandchildren.

Moves
31 May 23

@fmf said
I think the plan should be to be around until the child is at least 18. So that should be taken into consideration. To that end, I'd say approximately 60 years of age ought to be the maximum.

But that's far from ideal. I think men should be parenting when they are younger and fitter and with a hope to see their offspring reach 40 or so and therefore meet their grandchildren.
I was in the “or so range” (42 and 44) and met my first grandchild for the first time, 18 months ago.

F

Moves
31 May 23

@great-big-stees said
I was in the “or so range” (42 and 44) and met my first grandchild for the first time, 18 months ago.
I married at 30 years of age. My older child is 23. No "cucu"* yet.

* pronounced choochoo

G

Moves
01 Jun 23

Evidently for me it was about age 61. I was in a suit. A woman claimed I was the father of her baby. A quick test proved her wrong. No match and no swimmers.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 23

@gambrel said
Evidently for me it was about age 61. I was in a suit. A woman claimed I was the father of her baby. A quick test proved her wrong. No match and no swimmers.
I think it is a different age for different men. Depends on how strong your little swimmers are. πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
01 Jun 23

@very-rusty said
I think it is a different age for different men. Depends on how strong your little swimmers are. πŸ™‚

-VR
About a year after the arrival our our second offspring I became “incapable” and oddly enough it also coincided with the start of my pate hair disappearing.πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‘πŸ˜

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 23

@great-big-stees said
About a year after the arrival our our second offspring I became “incapable” and oddly enough it also coincided with the start of my pate hair disappearing.πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ˜‘πŸ˜
They both could be hereditary by your Mom, or Dad. You just didn't have a say in the matter is all. πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
01 Jun 23

@very-rusty said
They both could be hereditary by your Mom, or Dad. You just didn't have a say in the matter is all. πŸ™‚

-VR
My “incapability” had nothing to do with anything hereditary though the latter was inevitable.😁

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 23

@great-big-stees said
My “incapability” had nothing to do with anything hereditary though the latter was inevitable.😁
Of course it did, odds are someone on your fathers side or mothers side was bald. Same could be said for your slow swimmers. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Jun 23

@great-big-stees said
I have a sure-fire cure for baldness. Don’t have a bald grandfather.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jun 23

@moonbus said
So you think it skips a generation?

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jun 23

@very-rusty said

-VR
My blonde hair skipped a generation.

My parents had brown hair, but three of my grandparents were blond.

Yeah, yeah, I know blond is recessive. πŸ™„

Moves
01 Jun 23

@moonbus said
Both of mine were, indeed, mostly hairless.

Über-Nerd

Moves
02 Jun 23

@very-rusty said

-VR
Basic genetics: recessive traits only manifest when both alleles are recessive in an individual, and one inherits only one allele from a bald or hairy father. Hence, having bald grandfathers is a better indicator than having a hairy father of whether the man in question will develop baldness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.