Holiday reading recs

Holiday reading recs

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jun 14

"The Dark Lake" -Anthea Carson (1800 ish USCF player too as well as artist)

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its retribution for what they did to the Barron, they treated him with disrespect, a fellow artist and poet just like you and I! just a ragged clown chasing shadows, until he was gunned down! Russ held the gun to his head, subscribe or be banned! but the Barron would not conform to his evil mind ray and vigorously resisting reincarnated himself in a ...[text shortened]... n until ruthlessly smoked out by super girl and the cowboy! I hold them personally responsible!
Thread 159611

you have a gift, give it up...

l

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
My Family and Other Animals

Right lolof?
Yes, it's a lovely book - one of the best I've read. I would recommend everybody to read it.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jun 14

No but i have issues with people who are humorless and cannot mind their own business. Why you feel the necessity to cast your disparaging shadow upon some poor ragged clown with your gelid tentacles intent on strangling the humanity out of him i cannot say, but i merrily skip upon my way gleeful in the knowledge that even such a great darkness cannot overcome even a flickering light. 😵
Eh, Rob, I thought I told you Isopropyl is for EXTERNAL use only. You can't drink the stuff... Understand??

rc

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by rookie54
Thread 159611

you have a gift, give it up...
Must I parade my literary genius like a disheveled hawker peddling his wares from house to house in a smackdown literary wrestling competition? I cannot, i am too afraid of failure my poet cousin. There is no gift, there is just relationships, thats all that matters.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jun 14

Must I parade my literary genius like a disheveled hawker peddling his wares from house to house in a smackdown literary wrestling competition? I cannot, i am too afraid of failure my poet cousin. There is no gift, there is just relationships, thats all that matters.
"A man that ain't never afraid is a fool." James Arness as Marshall Matthew Dillon

Face your fears, look them in the eyes and kick em in the nuts.
Then move on my friend.

Moves
10 Jun 14

Are you actually going to rec a book or just continue to masturbate your way through another one of my threads?

rc

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Eh, Rob, I thought I told you Isopropyl is for EXTERNAL use only. You can't drink the stuff... Understand??
Desperate times my son! there is treachery afoot!

But id just like to say that

Shantaram, by a convicted Australian bank robber who escaped to Mumbai is a pretty awesome read.

PDI

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I like SiFi
Any book with A. C. Clarke's name on it.

l

Moves
11 Jun 14

'Avenger', political thriller novel by Frederick Forsyth published 2003.

d

Moves
11 Jun 14

...like a disheveled hawker peddling his wares from house to house....
Second nature for you, Watchtower Boy.

d

Moves
11 Jun 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you actually going to rec a book or just continue to masturbate your way through another one of my threads?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Are-You-There-God-Margaret/dp/0307745686/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402491538&sr=8-2&keywords=are+you+there+god

rc

Moves
11 Jun 14
2 edits

Originally posted by darvlay
Second nature for you, Watchtower Boy.
Actually i wear a pure new wool suit by Yves Saint Laurent, from the designer room of Ralph Slaters, Glasgow, silk tie and cotton shirt, when i step out I'm like a style explosion, a style tsunami, devastating and unstoppable. . . . .dem chicks dig a sharp dressed man. 😵

Read a book!

Moves
11 Jun 14

Classic sci-fi: Lucifer's Hammer

F

Moves
11 Jun 14

"Losing Nelson" by Barry Unsworth.

"This Boy's Life" by Tobias Wolff.

"What a Carve Up!" by Jonathan Coe.