Grammar test

Grammar test

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
18 Nov 12
1 edit

Every post in this thread must contain at least one apostrophe. The apostrophe, or apostrophes, must be correctly used according to standard rules of grammar. If you're not sure, you'd better not post in the thread. Grammar Police patrol this thread. 🙂

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Nov 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Every post in this thread must contain at least one apostrophe. The apostrophe, or apostrophes, must be correctly used according to standard rules of grammar. If you're not sure, you'd better not post in the thread. Grammar Police patrol this thread. 🙂
I ain,t sure wha'cha mean there QP.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
18 Nov 12

and if i enjoy the confine's of the police???

H'A!!!

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
18 Nov 12

Originally posted by rookie54
and if i enjoy the confine's of the police???

H'A!!!
I think your asking to much. Whats you're point?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
18 Nov 12

Apostrophes, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
18 Nov 12

What? No, wait!!!

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
18 Nov 12

o'k

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18 Nov 12

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
18 Nov 12
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
it's your parents' fault

'Paracetamol'? Who mentioned capital letters or other punctuation

😀

-m

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18 Nov 12
1 edit

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
18 Nov 12

I didn't do well with English in college. It gave my only sub-a. But I still like apostrophes, there is kinda a feel for where they belong.

Australia

Moves
18 Nov 12
1 edit

The technical mechanics of English, namely spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence construction, were my favourite school topic apart from mathematics. What else would you expect of someone for whom the word anal-retentive was created? I can even explain the reasons behind all the different variants of things like apostrophes. Nowadays it's a dying art, unless you have a specific reason for learning it, but back in the 1950s when I went to school they rated this stuff way above social skills, sport and school camps.

Anyone who dodged this topic at school can soak it all up now if they wish: http://www.ehow.com/english-language-education/ or http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/CategoryIndex/General_Grammar/page/1/sortbyepisodedate/

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
18 Nov 12

Show us you're nuts!

Dread the missing apostrophe 😉

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
18 Nov 12

no apostrophes