Fumes from the Chamberpot

Fumes from the Chamberpot

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
So many different perspectives.

I seem to still be the most recent regular poster in GF after about 14 months. No signs it attracts new blood. Losing interest a bit myself as the world wakes up a bit. Maybe that is the normal life in an internet forum? Maybe it turns people off.

When I arrived, I thought Suzianne and Ghost were attacking the least readable postin ...[text shortened]... would walk in and walk straight out again as the odd new face has done over the time I've been here.
You must be 'Normal man.....'

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@the-gravedigger said
You must be 'Normal man.....'
If GF makes me appear normal that's probably all you need to know. 😁

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
How do you work that out?
Which non-returning poster arrived more recently and posts regularly??

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
I seem to still be the most recent regular poster in GF after about 14 months. No signs it attracts new blood. Losing interest a bit myself as the world wakes up a bit. Maybe that is the normal life in an internet forum? Maybe it turns people off.
Do you think your own posting has attracted any "new blood" to offset the number you say are "turned off"?

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Surely this is a Burden of Proof logical fallacy? You have made a specific claim without citing any evidence. You want others to disprove it?

ENGLAND

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
I’ve no idea, but your hardly a recent joiner, you’ve been here two years.

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
I’ve no idea, but your hardly a recent joiner, you’ve been here two years.
That's my point. You would think there would have been others since maybe?

(Only posted for about 14 months.)

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
When I arrived, I thought Suzianne and Ghost were attacking the least readable posting styles in a way that made sense so I joined the Misfits.
I thought you were implacably opposed to people attacking each other and attacking "posting styles"?

ENGLAND

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
That's my point. You would think there would have been others since maybe?

(Only posted for about 14 months.)
Perhaps there has been.

SRB

Moves
13 Jun 21

@fmf said
I thought you were implacably opposed to people attacking each other and attacking "posting styles"?
Don't think you'll find me saying that anywhere. Some posting styles are legitimate targets. It's a matter of opinion, but interesting that Dive started a thread after the attempted destruction of the Euro 2020 thread.

Now, here I am defending your assertion about me. Hope this doesn't now follow a predictable journey.

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Don't think you'll find me saying that anywhere. Some posting styles are legitimate targets.
Isn't your "posting style" a legitimate target?

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Now, here I am defending your assertion about me.
I think my "posting style" is clearly far better than yours. Why do you attack it?

Moves
13 Jun 21

@divegeester said
Has it not occurred to you that the radio station may have asked him to not trigger you again and they are worried that, if you get bent out of shape in this chat room AGAIN, you might go over their heads to OFCOM and get the whole station taken off the air this time?
Rule 38 - Don't mess with the Ghost.

F

Moves
13 Jun 21

@relentless-red said
Maybe it turns people off.When I arrived, I thought Suzianne and Ghost were attacking the least readable posting styles in a way that made sense so I joined the Misfits.
Did you think that Suzianne and Ghost of a Duke attacking posters like Very Rusty ~ and it "making sense" to you ~ was going to attract "new blood" to the forum?

ENGLAND

Moves
13 Jun 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Rule 38 - Don't mess with the Ghost.
Baby, pram, toys out of.