From Colchester to Sulawesi

From Colchester to Sulawesi

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Feb 21

@indonesia-phil said
I don't know, and of course they're not big and brave enough to tell us. We rise above it.
Shh, I do really know...

F

Moves
11 Feb 21

Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E06 ~ featuring From Colchester to Sulawesi Episode 6

Indonesia Phil and his better half continue blowing their reality radio bubbles deep in the rainforest and across the globe...

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e06-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-6/

F

Moves
11 Feb 21

@fmf said
A new series of Bill's Big Bag of Onions has begun: episode one of series 5 was aired in the UK last night.
Series 5 now available via "Anchor", which is a podcast platform by Spotify.

Less clunk and a tad more stable than Mixcloud, so I'm told.

https://anchor.fm/billsbigbagofonions-s05

It will all get uploaded here eventually, and Series 4 will follow.

F

Moves
19 Feb 21

Episode 7 ~ not to be missed!

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e07-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-7/

F

Moves
27 Feb 21

Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E08

Featuring "From Colchester to Sulawesi" Episode 8

It gets even better the deeper you go!

Perhaps refrain from "trashing" Indonesia Phil's creative efforts anonymously even if you believe it is "justified" to do so.

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e08-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-8/

IP

Moves
27 Feb 21

@fmf said
Bill's Big Bag of Onions S05 E08

Featuring "From Colchester to Sulawesi" Episode 8

It gets even better the deeper you go!

Perhaps refrain from "trashing" Indonesia Phil's creative efforts anonymously even if you believe it is "justified" to do so.

https://www.mixcloud.com/BillsBigBagOfOnions/bills-big-bag-of-onions-s05-e08-featuring-from-colchester-to-sulawesi-episode-8/
There's no justification for it, which is why they do it anonymously. Mind you the small number of thumbs down by the small - minded is as nothing compared to the positive feedback that the show otherwise receives, so one is not concerned.

IP

Moves
27 Feb 21

I invite anyone who gave a thumbs - down to FMF's last post (or my last post which has yet to be responded to) to come on here and publicly give their reasons.

We wait with not particularly baited breath.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Feb 21

@indonesia-phil said
I invite anyone who gave a thumbs - down to FMF's last post (or my last post which has yet to be responded to) to come on here and publicly give their reasons.

We wait with not particularly baited breath.
From the second post this thread has become unnecessarily hostile and negatively charged and not a pleasant one to enter. It became one of liking or disliking people and of trashing you personally. Where has that come from? I've yet to read a single post that says something negative about the stories included in the show which are always well written and presented. The thumbs down are linked I feel to this negative flavor of the thread and not a reflection on the quality of the writing.

F

Moves
27 Feb 21

@indonesia-phil said
I invite anyone who gave a thumbs - down to FMF's last post (or my last post which has yet to be responded to) to come on here and publicly give their reasons. We wait with not particularly baited breath.
Relentless Red seems to have suggested that it is you and I who are "trashing" our own radio show because he finds our posting unimpressive. Or maybe it's just me and my posting he dislikes - and who is supposedly doing the "trashing" - and you are getting thumbs down because you are associating with me. That much seems clear. But the overall mentality that Relentless Red typifies is a bit baffling, for sure.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Feb 21

@fmf said
Relentless Red seems to have suggested that it is you and I who are "trashing" our own radio show because he finds our posting unimpressive. Or maybe it's just me and my posting he dislikes - and who is supposedly doing the "trashing" - and you are getting thumbs down because you are associating with me. That much seems clear. But the overall mentality that Relentless Red typifies is a bit baffling, for sure.
You do seem to have bizarrely sabotaged your own thread. The first post commendably presents the show, but the second talks of 'trashing' and 'disliking' for no discernable reason.

Dublin

Moves
27 Feb 21

Ghost of a Duke is right.
You started off by introducing some information to a very fine radio broadcast.

Then you trashed your own thread by alienating people because you think they dislike you.

One wonders if there is merit in the possibility that some people here may not like you.

I have listened to the show and found it interesting. There were no thumbs down from Dublin.

F

Moves
27 Feb 21

@instantkarma777 said
You started off by introducing some information to a very fine radio broadcast. Then you trashed your own thread by alienating people because you think they dislike you.
The idea that Phil and I were "trashing" our own radio show - evidenced by the large number of thumbs down that he and I get for talking about it - came from Relentless Red - "trashing" was his word, not mine, and thumbing down any mention of the radio show was justified by him, not me, because he said that the thumbs down were coming from people - like him - who do it because they "dislike" people who create the show. That's how he explained it.

The radio show is very fine as you say. I haven't "trashed" it all. Far from it, I have been promoting it - and so has Indonesia Phil [and he's been getting thumbs down for doing so, and it's not me who's been thumbing him down, nor is it me who has been thumbing down myself].

F

Moves
27 Feb 21

@instantkarma777 said
One wonders if there is merit in the possibility that some people here may not like you.
Whether there is merit in it is a matter for you, but presumably, it is these people who have been thumbing down Indonesia Phil and me and our radio programme.

F

Moves
27 Feb 21

@instantkarma777 said
I have listened to the show and found it interesting. There were no thumbs down from Dublin.
If you hadn't found it interesting, would you have thumbed it down?

SRB

Moves
27 Feb 21

@fmf said
Not sure why I still bother to react to your false assertions about me but here goes.

From what I know of Phil I like him. I wish him well. I really hope people listen to his work and it goes well. I like his posting style.

I intensely dislike your posting style. I suspect that a lot of others do as well and hence the red thumbs. I won't go into detail as to why because I don't believe you would listen.

On one occasion I have tried to point out to you quite sincerely that if you repaired your relationship with this community you would be more successful at promoting your radio show here. From what I have listened to of your show, it was good, but I freely admit your posting turned me off listening to more. I somewhat emotively referred to your style as trashing your show.

I am sure you have no interest in whether I listen or whether a handful of people who click on thumbs listen. Perhaps you value your posting here sufficiently that you really don't care if it turns people off. That's your right to chose.

I now only respond to you because you insist on misrepresenting me. I intend to generally ignore your posts because I really can't be bothered with the numerous responses that I will get in return. You will basically misrepresent me in a series of posts whilst attacking those strawmen. Good luck to you if that is what you enjoy.

I wish Phil well and I hope people listen to his work. I hope you post in a style that will increase the numbers from this community who want to listen to it, but if you convince yourself that I am the problem and that there is nothing you need to change in your posting style towards members of this forum community then that is your choice, but it is also the real problem. I notice from the posts of others that it predates my arrival in these forums.