Flynn Effect

Flynn Effect

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by lemon lime
It takes one to know one.
Last time heard someone say this to someone else was in school.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Last time heard someone say this to someone else was in school.
Recently?

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

How so?
Rupert Pupkin was the 'comedian' played by Robert DeNiro in "The King of Comedy".

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Rupert Pupkin was the 'comedian' played by Robert DeNiro in "The King of Comedy".
So?

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

So?
Your entire reaction to my use of the word "human" - a silly piece of forumscornspeak introduced by Suzianne - has indicated that you have been determined [overly "absorbed" perhaps] to land some kind of forum blows, even at the expense of being as unfunny as Rupert Pupkin. 😛

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Your entire reaction to my use of the word "human" - a silly piece of forumscornspeak introduced by Suzianne - has indicated that you have been determined [overly "absorbed" perhaps] to land some kind of forum blows, even at the expense of being as unfunny as Rupert Pupkin. 😛
Dropping names of other people (fictional or otherwise) in order to divert attention away from yourself is not an indication of confidence... am I making you feel nervous or unsure of yourself?

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Jul 16

Recently?
About 40 years ago.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

Dropping names of other people (fictional or otherwise) in order to divert attention away from yourself is not an indication of confidence... am I making you feel nervous or unsure of yourself?
I mentioned Rupert Pupkin because you and your posts in this conversation have reminded me of him. If you've not seen the film then the reference to him is wasted on you. Don't worry about it. 😉

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by divegeester
About 40 years ago.
So chronologically you are an adult?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I mentioned Rupert Pupkin because you and your posts in this conversation have reminded me of him. If you've not seen the film then the reference to him is wasted on you. Don't worry about it. 😉
Why would I worry about a film I've never seen?

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

Why would I worry about a film I've never seen?
Exactly. If you don't know what the Rupert Pupkin reference means, it's fine.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Exactly. If you don't know what the Rupert Pupkin reference means, it's fine.
Whew, that's a big relief!
For a moment there I thought it might actually be something worth looking into.

F

Moves
29 Jul 16

Whew, that's a big relief!
For a moment there I thought it might actually be something worth looking into.
It's one of my favourite Robert DeNiro films. Very distinctive and atypical.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Someone's upset.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
I still don't get what your satire is aimed at. I would have thought that I am replete with human faults and weaknesses, and that THAT is the crux of the 'problem' that some have with me, so I don't see how satire based on me somehow not being human [and therefore not being able to "know" humans] works on any level. What's the witty or funny angle to it? It seems really clumsy. Perhaps it is some American thing that I am unfamiliar with.
Jesus, you're dense.

That you don't get it IS the point. Most others do.