1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 11:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The last Poul Anderson I read was Tau Zero, a nice bit of hard sci-fi.

I'll have to check out this Brain Wave.

(As an aside, and just for you, sonhouse, check out this link and let me know what you think. There are people out there who are trying to get us to the stars.) https://tauzero.aero/
    Duly noted and bookmarked! I see Karen Andersen (Poul's wife) is one of the main characters in this quest.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 04:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Duly noted and bookmarked! I see Karen Andersen (Poul's wife) is one of the main characters in this quest.
    Oh, nice! I didn't catch that. Well, maybe she started the effort, since the whole thing is named after one of her husband's books. (Well, to be fair, I guess "Tau Zero" is really a science concept.)
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 05:34
    I must have been about 9 when I read Paul Brickhill's "Reach For The Sky" about Douglas Bader. I'd say that was a key book for me when I was young and it led on to me seeking out and lapping up every single non-fiction WW2 POW escape book I could find in the subsequent years.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 13:59
    "Teach your litte bra.t to read" with drawings of hypopothams and lions throwing letters to each eather.

Ok,just kidding, but I will come to this subject later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree