1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 01:46
    Originally posted by chaney3
    ... soccer players are constantly 'diving' like freakin babies, and girls, which is true....
    Excuse me, you have a point about diving, but why are you insulting girls and babies? Have you no common decency sir?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 01:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    [Like with 'The Four Yorkshiremen'...] "You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt" ... and then, and only then, would we down a twelve pack, IF WE WERE LUCKY.
    Ok. So I exaggerated a little. It was only a six pack. 😉
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 01:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he might have been mistaken, he is a human being after all.
    Plus this board has a lousy search function.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 01:52
    Originally posted by apathist
    Excuse me, you have a point about diving, but why are you insulting girls and babies? Have you no common decency sir?
    You ought to cc this message to "Satan" and "God" [and pin a print out to chaney3's fridge door while you're at it], as They may be - allegedly, anyway - the true culprits. Thread 170233. 😛
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 02:55
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I am pretty sure that you said it. Specifically, 4th of July and New Years Eve. I remember such things, and it struck me at the time that you only drink twice per year.
    And I am pretty sure that these may be one or two of the few times I actually talked about it, but that in no way means that those are the only times I drink.

Produce the post or quit saying I said something I did not say.
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 04:32
    I once dated Donald Trump
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 04:44
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I once dated Donald Trump
    And what role did German beer play in that?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 08:28
    Was I the only one who found the German beer factory of the 1930's fascinating? sigh. . . .
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 09:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    Ok. So I exaggerated a little. It was only a six pack. 😉
    just out of interest what kind of 'beer', was it?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 10:441 edit
    Just in case anyone is wondering why Dortmund produces such good beer.

The Dortmund water profile has a very high temporary hardness. It is also known for containing moderate levels of sulfates. The ratio of sulfates to chloride is 3.8 which, if not adjusted for brewing, will contribute to a beer that may be moderately bitter for a given hopping rate.

The city of Dortmund is located in the European country of Germany. The area around Dortmund has been settled since 885 A.D. but it was not until the 12th century that it began to evolve into a significant city. It is near the Ruhr and Emscher Rivers.

Vital Statistics
    Calcium (ppm): 225
    Sulfates (ppm): 120
    Magnesium (ppm): 40
    Sodium (ppm): 60
    Chloride (ppm): 60
    Carbonates (ppm): 180

The higher alkalinity of this water profile makes it more suitable for successful conversion of Vienna and Munich malts as well as darker, more acidic, malts.

Very high water alkalinity, such as found in this water profile can exaggerate hop bitterness.

http://www.brewerslair.com/index.php?p=brewhouse&d=water&id=&v=&term=2
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 15:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And I am pretty sure that these may be one or two of the few times I actually talked about it, but that in no way means that those are the only times I drink.

Produce the post or quit saying I said something I did not say.
    Is this really that important to you?
  12. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 18:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely it was [b]you who brought it up - and not Trev33, when you said, completely out of the blue, "I don't care what you have to say. You disrespected my deceased Mother, and it is unforgivable. Don't talk to me assshole!!!!!" ?[/b]
    Fair comment
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 18:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Just in case anyone is wondering why Dortmund produces such good beer.

The Dortmund water profile has a very high temporary hardness. It is also known for containing moderate levels of sulfates. The ratio of sulfates to chloride is 3.8 which, if not adjusted for brewing, will contribute to a beer that may be moderately bitter for a given hopping r ...[text shortened]... gerate hop bitterness.

http://www.brewerslair.com/index.php?p=brewhouse&d=water&id=&v=&term=2
    Now there is a man that likes his beer
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 20:45
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Now there is a man that likes his beer
    All that natural goodness! Its a health drink!
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '16 21:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    You all need to learn how to really drink. Why just today I downed a twelve pack while siding my house between 2pm and 7pm. Got a lot done too. Did the same thing yesterday and the day before.

I just decided. I'm gonna do it again tomorrow. 🙂
    How many layers of siding does your house have ? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree